HELP ME i need an advice here?

where was my mistake here i sold after bearish engulfing

You have more trade details? Long, short, entry and exit price?

watch the photo

:joy::joy: what a reply from someone who wants help :man_facepalming:

It wasnt a bearish engulfing. As far as I can remember from the books I’ve read the best setups are the bearish candle body should be bigger than the body before and overall the candlestick should be engulfing the prior, wicks included. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also you should enter the trade in break of the low. That way you have confirmation momentum is on your side. Read my beginners thread on books to read for candlestick patternshere. Hope that helps.

It’s not telling much specifically. You said where did I go wrong. But nothing else. We don’t if you were in profit or loss. Maybe you weren’t wrong.

@Zikiziki

This is not an engulfing. Yeah, I know some sites and clever heads on YouTube are saying this is the engulfing in Forex but it isn’t. It is just breakout below the low of the prior candlestick.

Even if it was a valid bearish engulfing you don’t have anything else. Even the MA is rising

Intraday, to open a position based on a 2-candlestick pattern is not a good idea. You need a complex candlestick pattern and something outside of the chart to support it.

Even is everything existed where is your first target? The bottom 5 candlesticks back. As I see it from your screenshot even if it reaches the bottom you’ll be at 1:1 R/R. But since that down candlestick has a very large wick maybe the closing price is a better target. That is not good for the R/R

Trading like this is just like throwing money out of the window

1 Like