Help WIth Demo Accounts?

Im looking for a decent demo account/software to use, any suggestions Pippers? Im from the UK also if that helps :slight_smile:

I use as a demo account MetaTrader 4 . on PC and on my Android .

1 Like

Hey @Optarul8 thanks for replying! Im currently using a Mac and its hard to find demo software on apple sometimes. However i just downloaded playonmac so hopefully i should be able to get MT4 now

Doesn’t MT4 run well on MAC through Wine? I assumed that’s how MAC owners used that platform.

1 Like

Yes, usually it can be installed and run on Mac OS using Wine as this software allows users of the Unix-based systems to run an application developed for the Microsoft Windows systems. But for this, you need to use Play On Mac also as it’s a Wine-based software for easy installation of Windows applications. I don’t have any experience with it but from my friends I know that the MT4 runs smoothly although the installation takes a bit longer.

1 Like

Hey thanks man. Ive just done the research and im currently downloading

Much respect for your feedback im currently downloading the software as we speak so hopefully i can start demo trading asap and move on with my learning

I hope it all works out well. Go through the Babypips School if you haven’t already and practice, practice, practice. :smiley:

1 Like

The solution with PlayOnMac is described step by step here (if you haven’t found it yet :)): Install on Mac OS - Getting Started - MetaTrader 4 Help
Another option is to use the web based version of MT4 directly with Safari. If your broker is supporting it you should be able to log and use your account there without any installations.
It is really useful if you cannot handle the installation (it’s not that simple after all :D). All you need is browser and internet. The Webtrader supports simple functionalities – probably everything that a beginner needs. However maybe not so attractive for more experienced traders.

You are most welcome. Did you manage to download and install it successfully? Does it run smoothly?

Unfortunately PlayOnMac freezes when im trying to install it and i dont know why… Any suggestions? I also signed up to Trading View in order to practice reading charts and writing my own tech analysis

Demo Trading is the best way to learn about the Forex Trading as it is doesn’t includes the risk of losing money. But we need to be serious as if we won’t, it would be just a waste of time.

Did you download the latest version? Try to delete it and download it again. You need to launch it from the Downloads section of your system and then once you click on Next, it should start downloading the other components which are necesary for running like XQuartz ( software for using X Window System on Mac OS). Once the XQuartz is downloaded automatically and the installation is complete, you need to restart your PC and then launch PlayOnMac again from the setup file in Downloads folder. The first launch window should appear again. This time, the installer will offer to install MS Windows fonts necessary for correct operation. You need to accept the license agreement conditions and the installation should be completed. If you receive any error messages during these steps just ignore them, click on Close or Next and the installation should proceed. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since you are a novice trader, try to use demo service of a broker who are also active on Forex education! You need to focus on learning only! Yes, Mt4 is the most popular trading platform, you can go with this one; besides use small demo account like 100$-200$! All the best!

1 Like

Unfortunately it didnt work for me. Im going to just use fxcm or IG web based trading platform

Thats a good piece of advice! Thanks brody

Sorry to hear that. But honestly it doesn’t surprise me as the installation is indeed more complicated and often some software bugs appear. I guess it would be better for you to use web based platform for now, as you already stated.

1 Like