Help with MACD indicator

Hello Everyone, Please I am looking for MT4 MACD indicator that allows an overlapping moving average on top the MACD, like the MACD, can be set at 12,26,9, then an extra moving average line or lines can be set to have different parameters, but still running on top of the 12’26’9 MACD, please can any provide me link or place I can download this indicator? If it’s on MT4 or MT5, I will really appreciate! Thank you

I think there should be a topic on it here somewhere. But see how you can install in on this video: How to use the MACD Indicator on MT4

You can also read more about it here: Moving Average Convergence Divergence: a classic for creating a reliable trading system

MACD is a default indicator on the mt4 platform. There is no need to download it elsewhere, unless you need something custom made.

Thanks for your reply Phamy, I have read about MACD and tested it a bit, the indicator I am looking for is not the normal MACD indicator, I am hoping to find a MACD that has been customized to allow 1 or 2 extra moving averages can I can set different numbers before, so it just run across the normal 12,26,9 MACD … I hope someone will share if they have it. I downloaded some MACD indicators, but even the ones with extra lines don’t have ability to select what moving average you want for that extra line, and that’s what I really need

Is it possible to modify it using built-in MT4 tools or it is necessary to have additional software?

You can also try to ask on specialized forex coding forums - this one is moslty for newbies while the thing you are looking for seems to be used by professionals or at least by experienced traders.There are several forums with the detailed discussions on customization of indicators, there you could fing something helpful.
By the way, here is a great article on MACD.Hope it would help you to find the solution.

1 Like