Here’s Ten Pieces of Good News About the Coronavirus Pandemic

Bill Gates-backed coronavirus vaccine enters human trial phase

• A novel coronavirus vaccine that received funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has begun human trials.
  • The INO-4800 DNA vaccine from Inovio has shown promise in preclinical trials, and the conclusions of the Phase 1 study will be ready this summer.
  • If successful, the vaccine could be ready for emergency use as soon as this fall.

OK, Bill Gate is a good billionaire. because, I’ve heard that he has contracted material donations to the poor, and so much more.

Hopefully and find that vaccine, this situation really affects everything, I think the only positive thing is that the animals feel more free and protected from some bad humans

The latest pandemic numbers are encouraging.

The rate of hospitalization in New York City hospitals is declining.

New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo reported that the daily number of reported deaths has dropped in New York. Furthermore, the ICU (intensive care unit) admissions are also down.

Better yet, the hospital discharge rate was “way up.”

These data points are both meaningful and encouraging.

And a nice chart published by the Financial Times did a good job visually representing the trajectories of confirmed cases by country.

unnamed

As we can see in the chart above, the number of new confirmed cases in Italy is already on the decline. The U.S. curve is about 10–11 days behind Italy. And Spain has also rounded the curve, demonstrating a decline as well.

With all of the data that I have seen in the last few days, I believe that the U.S. will have hit its peak within the next week. And while we’ll still have physical distancing constraints over the next two to three weeks, I believe that we can begin the process of returning to normal in May.

Europe looks to be on the way to getting a handle on the COVID-19 outbreak. They’re not out of the woods yet, but we can clearly see a downward trend.

The picture for the United States looks similar.

I think we all needed this silver lining, reassuring us that there’s an end to this crisis in sight.

The bottom line for both Europe and the US:

• There are encouraging signs that social controls are starting to slow the momentum of the epidemic.
  • Another week or so of data is required to be sure a stable slowing trajectory has been established.
  • Based on China’s experience, fairly strict social controls will likely stay in place in most if not all regions until early/mid-May (~two months after imposition).

Best Scenario: If the whole US does everything right, we should see a peak in mid-April.

WHO Says 70 Vaccines in the Works, With Three Leading Candidates

There are 70 coronavirus vaccines in development globally, with three candidates already being tested in human trials, according to the World Health Organization, as drugmakers race to find a cure for the deadly pathogen.

The furthest along in the clinical process is an experimental vaccine developed by Hong Kong-listed CanSino Biologics Inc. and the Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, which is in phase 2.

The other two being tested in humans are treatments developed separately by U.S. drugmakers Moderna Inc. and Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc., according to a WHO document.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-13/who-says-70-vaccines-in-the-works-with-three-leading-candidates

Woman, 106, believed to be UK’s oldest patient to recover from COVID-19 leaves hospital

Great-grandmother Connie Titchen, who has lived through two World Wars, was admitted to hospital last month with suspected pneumonia and was later diagnosed with COVID-19 :slight_smile:

She suffered from the virus for just under three weeks before being given the all-clear by medics this week. :pray:

Abbott launches COVID-19 antibody test, plans 20 million tests per month by June

Abbott Laboratories Inc said it would begin shipping a new coronavirus blood test that can tell whether a person has ever been infected and plans to ramp up manufacturing to produce 20 million tests per month by June.

The company expects to ship close to 1 million tests this week to hospitals and labs in the United States and will ship a total of 4 million tests in April.

The test helps identify disease-fighting antibodies in people who have been infected but may have had mild symptoms or none at all, making it different from the current diagnostic tests that require nasal swabs to confirm active infection.

Abbott’s test identifies the IgG antibody, a protein that the body produces in the late stages of infection and may remain for up to months and possibly years after a person has recovered.

Antibody tests are considered a potential game-changer in the battle to contain infections and offers the chance to get the economy back on track by identifying people who may have immunity to the virus and could return to their jobs.

But then those animals aren’t getting proper food and care as well; that’s the other side of the story.

A cool graphic…

covid-zones

Source: https://twitter.com/drmonika_langeh/status/1244472906685353989

comments are more interesting than maim post

Not sure how saying this adds any value to the thread.

A coronavirus vaccine in development at the University of Oxford will begin clinical trials in humans today, a huge milestone in the race for a cure.

Twin trials will begin in parallel, and researchers will begin production at the same time just in case the vaccine proves effective and safe.

The British government says it is “throwing everything” at the development of the drug, which Oxford researchers say has an 80 percent of success.

So what’s wrong - well, you can’t go to the mall, well, you have to wash your hands more often, I think that for modern society it’s not such a big problem, we face such problems every day, that it will not sadden us for long, we will cope…

In fact, the virus has brought a lot of positive changes, at least pay attention to how slowed our pace of life and what it has brought us - less stress, less problems, less cost, I think it’s all for the best.

Yes, it’s certainly frightening, but on the other hand, it’s not the first virus and it’s not the first situation that affects the whole world, so we have survived it, we will survive it, we deserve to live well and happily, and these difficulties will not break us!
So don’t panic at all.

Scientists in Korea conclude people cannot be infected twice

Researchers at the South Korean centre for disease control and prevention (CDC) now say it is impossible for the COVID-19 virus to reactivate in human bodies.

A total of 277 patients in the country were believed to have fallen ill for a second time, as had patients in China and Japan.

This prompted concerns that the virus could be mutating so quickly that people were not necessarily immune to catching it again.

However, genetic analyses of the virus have not found any substantial changes which would effectively disguise it from the immune system.

South Korea’s CDC has found that the test results for the suspected relapsed patients were false positives, and warned the test it used was not able to distinguish between live traces of the virus and the harmless dead samples which remain after patients have recovered.

The CDC added that unlike other viruses, such as HIV and chickenpox - which can break into the nucleus of human cells and stay latent for years before reactivating - the coronavirus stays outside of the host cell’s nucleus.

“This means it does not cause chronic infection or recurrence,” explained Dr Oh Myoung-don, the head of the CDC committee, meaning it is unlikely for patients to relapse in this fashion.

In the future it could be possible that the coronavirus mutates and infects people who have previously overcome it, similarly to the flu.

Source: Sky News

All the panic and fears are just in our heads, in fact, the news just give us information, and we just process it and based on that we draw conclusions and make decisions. I also think that everything will get better in the near future, in Italy, for example, the dolphins are back - already good news.

Someone’s finally sharing the good news. Because lately, the coronavirus topic has become widely discussed. And to say something good about it is very uncommon. It has even made me feel a little depressed. But I finally came across something positive. Thank you, author!

1 Like