Hey Chicagoans, stay warm!

My cousin out there told me of the impeding polar vortex coming. Scary temps. They’re in store for the lowest recorded high not including wind chill since they started recording temps: -12 F / -24.4 C.

That’s life threatening. Time to shut down the city.

Anybody out that way?

2 Likes

I saw pictures of train tracks in the area being on fire to prevent them from warping or breaking, that’s quite terrifying.

2 Likes

I am in the region. It is certainly cold out here. Schools and businesses shut down for safety reasons. It got down to around -30f air temp and -65 windchill temp.

The funny thing is that it will be almost 50 degrees by sunday, haha.

11a0f21968e8a52ab3089b30b2cac3bba703ebd2_1_690x409

2 Likes

Unbelievable! I can’t image it being that cold.

2 Likes

I read about some parts even being colder than Antarctica, Alaska, and Siberia. Brrrrr. :snowman_with_snow:

3 Likes

Obligatory pot with hot water in freezing temperatures video

Great story - good samaritan puts 70 homeless Chicagoans in hotel

1 Like

Hell has frozen over!
Where is Algore, when we need him?

Oh, right, he’s in Australia.

Hell hath no fury like – a polar vortex.

Sorry. I couldn’t resist the puns.

2 Likes

Kudos to the guys who get the power back on!

cartoon - 4

3 Likes

Exactly. I am at home with 4 littles, my wife and I. In these temps, if power goes out it can get dangerous quickly. I keep a kerosene heater ready to go, as well as a nat gas heater, but still just barely enough BTU’s there to keep a little radius in the 60’s.

2 Likes

People who go out there in such temperature to fix utilities so others will have heating and water and light are truly real life superheroes.

2 Likes

Buddy in Wisconsin is expecting a foot of snow this week and only a low of - 6 F on Friday. He said that’s doable. Lower than -10 F, it gets unbearable. I just laughed.

1 Like

I watched all of the reports on the news, couldn’t believe my eyes. What are these extreme temperatures, it’s like colder than Antarctica… They make discussions about global warming seem like fake news already.

1 Like

Global warming cartoon

1 Like

Haha nice one @Clint. But on the other hand, according to this article it’s the global warming fault: This Is Why Global Warming Is Responsible For Freezing Temperatures Across The U.S.

1 Like

Chicago is the major victim of freezing cold weather. The airports operations had been off due to worst slippery conditions. Trains are running on the fire spark but thankfully they are running. People are ill and the whole life has frozen. The situation is really devastating all around in Chicago. Stay warm!

1 Like

Wow thats a vast change of temperature… :open_mouth:

Are you in a time-warp? – Or did you just emerge from a coma?

It’s not February 2019 any longer, and Chicago is not covered in ice and snow!

1 Like

Both, and i know lmao.
Unbelieveble that you took it that serious :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Just responding on random topics

Thanks for sharing the information. I hope that everyone is safe and secure in their homes.

That was months ago. It’s summer now.