Hey! Newbie eager to learn forex!

I am very new to forex and looking for advice from experienced traders.

What is the best way to get started? I am “educating” myself through free online material and wondering if it is necessary to take a course. I feel that I am learning alot, but don’t know how to get started. Does that make sence?

Are the $5,000 courses with the money?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Hello,

Use the school on babypips to get started, open a demo account, try and learn the basics. There’s a few scammers out there so be careful, I’ve never paid for a course, just taught myself through available material, so can’t comment on paying to learn, but my gut says that $5000 dollars would be better used towards your first live account when you have learned to become comfortable with the market and consistantly profitable in demo.

Good luck.

CSM

Grab new study materials - study and understand - practice in demo account - track results and detemine improvements - repeat from the begining

Thanks for the good advice and the quick reply!

As you were learning, did you go through periods of totally understanding everything and then not understanding anything at all? Also did you start using a demo account as you were learning or would you wait?

As I work full-time, I am wondering how much time do you spend on forex a day? I know that much time needs to be committed to learning but after you start trading and develop a “system” or strategy, what are reasonable time commitments for forex? I don’t have a ton of money to start with.