Hey There - I'm Max - been trading for five years, and I freaking love the game

Hey there, thought I should finally join Babypips once again, since this is the website that got me started trading FX five years ago.

I’m Max, half English half French - but I’ve been traveling non-stop for the last year and a half so I consider myself messed up because I don’t have a home…

Anyway, I’m looking forward to participating in this community and share the random lessons I’ve learnt over the years.

Trading wise, I only trade FX (I invest small amounts in equities too but that’s not my primary focus) and I learnt everything I know through babypips, finvids, infinite propsperity and falcon trading - (I don’t do affiliate links to anywhere)

I recently decided to start a blog sharing my monthly trade journals with entries and exits + random rants, would love it if you checked it out!

May the pips be with you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s really cool! I wish I could also do this. :smiley:
Welcome and thank you for sharing your experiences.

1 Like

Cheers,

Honestly it’s amazing, but a lot less so than what everyone tells you it is

You still have to spend hours in front of the screen, be connected to internet when your alerts are triggered, not be partying like an animal every day.

The reality is a lot more “mundane” than it appears on social media, but it remains amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is Lit!
Hey Max, thank you so much for sharing the blog link bud. Would be paying constant visits.

welcome Max and really thanks for sharing experience. got new something really.

Hi Max i like your honesty and i hope i can learn a thing or two from you on how to stay profitable, been trading for a year now and i win and lose all the time haven’t been profitable consistent yet, don’t know what i’m doing wrong but i’m not giving up. and for any one reading this a tip or two will help this desperate guy to succeed.

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

Depends on your strategy but ask yourself

This my trading style something that fits my personality? (as in are you way more chill (swing trading could be good for you) or extremely impatient (which is a not a great trait to have for a trader) where trading intra day timeframes could be useful.

The most important tip tho - in my opinion, is the multiple timeframe analysis, understanding what’s happening on the daily/weekly and on the hourly/4h is key, makes it easier to identify the trend

1 Like

so If I am a scalper, should I be looking for daily trends or weekly and hourly or 4 hrs window?

Hello Crook! Looking forward to read your experiences as a trader! See you around!

Welcome to bp @Crook! Hope to learn from you in the future. :blush: