Hi all! Another price action newbie here

Hi all! I’ve been enjoying this forum having taken some of the school of Pipsology classes, dome some demo trading (with varying success) and played with some backtesting software. After a few months trying different things I’ve realised that Price Action trading (without any indicators) appeals the most, and I’ve been here trying to soak up all your ideas ever since!

I’ve been working through historical data on forex tester 3 trying to get a solid system together and successfully test the theories I’ve learned. I’ll be honest - it hasn’t gone well so far. I’ve lost some fake money. I appreciate though that it’s early days, so I’ll be sticking with it.

Looking forward to getting my head round the PA methods on here and going live with my trading when I feel like I’m ready!

1 Like

Good Job (steady & slows gets you on the roll honestly). I’m pretty certain with some practice, tweaking, & you constantly trying to tweak your strategy it’ll pay off in the long run.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m definitely not freaking out yet. PA seems to be the logical place to start with technical analysis - understanding candlesticks and patterns then (if you need to) applying to to more complex stuff like fib work, etc. The amount to learn is mind boggling though!

Welcome to BabyPips @stub0507! Thanks for sharing a bit about your trading journey. I’m also trying PA and I hope I can also learn something from you! See you around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

I love Price Action, almost all I use.

1 Like

Thanks! If I learn something worth passing on I’ll be sure to do it :smiley:

Hi @jessoprules - good to know, any tips for getting started? I’m deep into Bulkowski’s pattern site at the moment trying to memorize the best patterns!

Hello :slight_smile:
I did the School of Pipsology then worked on support and resistance and trend lines. I also studied from other sources and really put the time in.

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @stub0507! I’m demo trading a system I found here while incorporating the things I learn about price action too. Sometimes I just get impatient with my trades then it goes in the direction I was looking at after all. :sweat:

Good luck!