Hi everyone, my name is

People call me JDubb. I have zero experience trading. A very good friend of mine has been trading FX for about 9 years now and has begun to see some great successes. About 2 months ago he was diagnosed with cancer, and he says to me " Jay, you need to let me teach you how to trade. I am trying to give you a gift" He had never offered or mentioned much about whether he was making money trading or not. I knew he was into FX trading but again I had no idea if he was really serious or not. It turns out that he has been trading full time for about 2 years now. Anyway, he is going through an unimaginably tough ordeal with his health and basically unable to devote the time necessary to teach me the important intricacies of FX trading. He gave me a crash course of the technical system that he uses, set me up with all the indicators and what to look for etc. But I need to know what’s under the hood. What he taught me is like teaching someone to work the cashier at McDonalds using pictures of food. So…I have been absorbing all the knowledge and information I could find, and joining forums such as this one. I don’t believe in coincidences. Not dreaming of any get rich quick schemes. I believe my friend put this bug in me for a reason. Hope everyone has a great week.

1 Like

Oh my this is heartbreaking. But if it’s early on and it doesn’t progress he could be in remission soon enough! You are lucky to have him as your friend and I’m glad you’re now beginning to also put in the work. yourself. Welcome to the community!

Your friend developed a real gift. Trading full-time is no small feat. Good for him! I’m glad he is teaching you.

Time to make him proud!!!

1 Like

most welcome in this community , have a very good journey , enjoy your stay. happy trading

hi and welcome

welcome . this community is full of education , so many experts and traders are available in this trading place , hope you will enjoy your stay.

success is a big deal in this trading place , need a very long time trading experience with a great level of patience.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Jdubb. How has your learning been so far? Hope to hear more from you.

Welcome JDubb! Lots of friendly people here so don’t be afraid to ask if you need any help. See you around!

And then we don’t hear from OP ever again :sob:

1 Like

Hello everyone. Someone asked how my learning is going. I have been putting a tremendous amount of time and study into trading. Now the first thing I realize is that a professional retail Forex trader is the same as a professional lotto player. I say that because when you invest in something for a return, but you can not influence the outcome in any way……. You’re gambling. But let’s continue to call it speculation. So that is the first hurdle I had to jump. I had to wrap my head around the risk, as well as the lack of control.
I like it.

I feel like the information is not difficult for me to grasp. There is A LOT of information for me to learn and so far I have gotten the basics down to the point where I can practice with a demo account. So I am learning daily. I jump from BabyPips to watching videos. So many different strategies. I have been jumping from strategy to strategy looking for one I could really understand and implement consistently. I know it’s going to take a lot of time for me to be able to make a profit with real money. Thousands of folks on the web saying they can teach you to make money trading. They are soooo successful trading, that instead of enjoying their success doing all sorts of cool things, they wanna work. All that work making 100 videos. This guy has been making a video every other day for 5 years, and wants me to believe he is a successful, profitable trader, who would rather work, HARD, more like a successful V-Logger. So I say all that to say…… I found plenty of information that will teach what Forex Trading is and how it’s done. But no one is truly teaching how to make money.
At the end of the day, I am ready for the long haul and I am enjoying the journey.

1 Like

Lol exactly.

So so glad to hear from you again! Look @dushimes!!! OP returned! And is still learning!

1 Like

michael scott crying

Thanks for updating us with your progress, JDubb. You really need to put in the time and effort to learn this. Glad you understand that. Good luck on your fx trading journey.