Hi Guys, It's me. I'm New

Yes, I am along the same lines, trying to find a way to grow money my own way as bank interest rates linger at sub-1% levels…

Did I tell you that I am self-employed?

You will know all about the joys of running your own business then! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really value all your help and advise thank you so much guys. I really do need it especially when it comes to mindset so any advice you give is greatly appreciated. Xx

It’s harder than being employed haha but I love it. I can’t remember if you did mention it. That’s great do you love it? X

Sometimes I love it…others not so much (like during tax returns time)…

1 Like

Great read! Thank you so much for sharing! Xx

1 Like

thank you,Lilly!

And…good luck …

1 Like

Hi Lilly I am new to trading too. I have been using 2 demo accounts, and I am now really confident about my trading. I have been trading for nearly a year. I hope to start trading live very soon. I have joined a few groups, like babypips.
And that has helped me a lot, also I do a lot of reading about the market’s and that has been a big help to me. So you are heading in the right direction keep it up.

3 Likes

Hi! Thanks for messaging! I would definitely love to hear how live trading goes for you. Out of interest what got you into trading in the first place? Xx

Welcome Lilly! Where abouts in the UK are you, out of interest?

1 Like

Hi I’m near Middlesbrough! Are you from the UK too? Xx

1 Like

When I first started I just wanted to make some extra cash.
But now having been trading for nearly a year, I have decided to become a full time trader. I really enjoy what I do, it’s been a real eye opener. I have met some really great people because of this, I have learnt so much about myself and the money markets. I will definitely keep you up to date with my progress.

Lifted 33
God bless

2 Likes

Thats great! Well I wish you so much luck and can’t wait to hear how it goes for you xx

Yes and yes, 100%. This needs to be repeated daily in the forums. Making a living trading isnt about being a superstar, its about having a large amount of capital and at the least trying to do better than break even. Given my historical profitability rate, I decided I need about 2 million to go full time, self sustaining. Im not trying to take my current pot and get more risky or be more awesome, i just need to increase the pot and at least keep hitting my same returns.

1 Like

Welcome @lillyw91, I think you will enjoy the good conversations and threads here on Babypips. If you get a chance, check out some of my threads, both old and new. I mainly discuss using candlestick pattern analysis. Hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Welcome to babypips @lillyw91! I’ve been trying to study trading on and off for a couple of years too. But it’s only now that I’m really doing my best to give it a go continuously. What were your obstacles on why you went on and off? Hope to hear more from you.

2 Likes

@CoinLady Hi, it’s lovely to hear from you. It’s hard to say for certain what the obstacles were. Maybe disheartening results caused me to take breaks here and there. I just didn’t have the passion that I have now. What about yourself what obstacles have you faced? Xx

Thank you @krugman25
I will definitely be Checking out some of your threads! I’m heading to them now xx

1 Like

I see. That’s also what I’ve discussed in another thread. i feel if I lose too much even if it’s just demo trading I might lose interest. The main reason was time and really prioritizing trading over everything going on in my life. It used to be that I would start studying and demo trading then something would come up so I would stop. This time around I’m really pushing myself to go for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I try to get my information from multiple sources and then fib everything before a trade. Watch the economic calendar. I only have a small account and have to be careful.

1 Like

Welcome to babypips! How did you end up finding that passion you have now? Interested to know if there was a pivotal moment that got you hooked.