Hi, I'm Dan -- looking forward to meeting forex traders

Hi there,
My name is Dan. I’ve traded Yen, Euro and Pound futures via US futures exchanges, My time horizon for a trade is usually about 1 to 2 months, and I would definitely consider myself a newbie when it comes to forex and currencies.

I’m joining the forum because I’m interested in connecting with members of the forex trading community to better understand which indicators forex traders favor.

Disclosure: I’m performing this research because I built a backtesting platform called Tradewell. We built the platform for Index and single-stock traders, but we’re noticing that some of our heaviest users actually visit the platform to backtest forex trading strategies.

It makes sense; there are 90,000+ currency pairs that traders can backtest on the platform, but neither my co-developer and I are aware of the metrics/indicators forex traders observe before putting on trades. So I wanted to do some qualitative research here.

In a related point, my sense is that we probably would need intraday data to make the platform resonate more with the forex community, but maybe I’m wrong?

Anyway, I’m starting this thread in hopes of learning more, and discovering how to meet the community’s research needs — specifically around backtesting. I welcome any and all feedback and criticism.

Dan

Side note: There is a free version of the platform at www.tradewell.app for anyone who wants to try it an deliver feedback!