Hi, I'm new here

My first post! Just wanted to get involved really. I’ve been reading lots and thought it was time to bite the bullet and put myself out there. I really enjoy trading, mixed results so far - I demo’ed for around 3 months with great success and decided to go with the real money option. Naturally, I’ve not been able to repeat this success (I know, not long enough, same old story) but I’m still enjoying it and I’m actually blaming most of my issues on a lack of volatility on daily charts since Xmas really (I only trade daily charts thanks to VP at Nononsense Forex), I wanted to feel the real money ‘thing’ early on, it’s not a stress for me and it keeps things interesting :wink:
Anyway - a big hello from Dartford, UK (just south of London)…
Purely technical, trend trader with an eye on fundamentals, just to avoid them basically. Completed Babypips school and as I said, really inspired by VP over at Nononsense forex.
I’m an Audio Visual project engineer by day and a single dad who dreams of spoiling his little man with all his future Forex profits!
Wish me luck…

4 Likes

Hi and welcome! You seem to have a sensible and realistic approach to your trading and expectations.
I am sure you will do better starting from the daily TF end, as you are doing, rather than the intraday short term charts.

Take it gently and systematically forward and keep your risk/money management under control.

2 Likes

Thanks Manxx!
1 x ATR TP and 1.5 x ATR SL Every time.
I usually enter with 2 trades (1%) each and let the second one run once the TP is reached on the first.
I’m feeling pretty happy with my money management and indicators, I just need some good daily trends!

1 Like

welcome !!
Emotions … Daily trader !!:grinning: , good luck in this beautiful road, overload your package of patience ,more patience and lots of coffee :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and best of luck with your trading.

1 Like

Welcome to BP and I’m wishing you best of luck on your journey. I would love to hear more about your trading experiences here so hope you’ll stick around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to babypips @BenP! Do you plan to open a trade journal here? That might help you out. Good luck on your trading journey. :blush:

Hi @CoinLady thanks for the warm welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
Good suggestion regarding the trade journal. I’ve been a bit rubbish and started an Excel doc which I think I filled in once and pretty much ignored since :rofl: I do mean to stick to a journal but I use multiple PC’s at home/work, so your suggestion is a good one as I can log in from anywhere. I need look into the practicalities of it as I want to link snapshots of charts ideally and I want to make sure that aspect of things work; maybe with an https://imgur.com/ account or something… :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah exactly. I have one here but I haven’t updated it for some time. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welcome and good luck trading

1 Like