Hi my name is Barney from Dronfield, Derbyshire, UK

I’m a retired Electrician and whilst surfing the internet, came across Forex Trading. Didn’t know anything about it, so started delving more and started at the beginning on babypips. Just want to make some extra cash for holidays.
Can anyone advise me on some good honest Brokers with free demos to start off with.
I looked at IC Markets that has demos, so does anyone use them or recommend them.

1 Like

you have come a right place ,
its a place where beginners can make them knowledgeable by learning.

IC .markets is a fairly big Broker for retail Traders using a Demo with them is OK But as they are not regulated by FCA you can not get any money back if something goes wrong. on a Real account…!
I would recommend using MT5 platform from them as there MT4 seems to disconnect a lot ??? Also in UK.

there is also Blueberry Markets also based in Australia but there demo expires after 30 days IC does not.

Alright mate. You can try ig index. They’re based in london, regulated by fca and demo is easy to open. Good luck.

Yes Barney.

I’m from the UK and use IC Markets and have been for quite some time now.

They’ve got their s*** together after a few hiccups and all is good for now.

As already mentioned, the FCA stuff - always risk what you can afford to lose but you’re very new to the game, so nothing to worry about.

Play around with the demo and get used to it.

Thanks Baller, are you using mt4 or mt4. I’ve looked at mt4 and looks complicated. Doing a demo on Plus 500, you start with 40k and won £356 but my second trade is 4k down😢

I don’t use either of those, its overkill when it comes to making some sterling.

I use cTrader because I don’t want to be stuck at the screen all day.

I started with 10K and am very close to doubling it > The £10K Gamble - [The Journey].

You’re still new to the game, practice will make perfect.

Welcome Barney. Good luck for the future in trading.

Never been to Dronfield. What’s the best thing about living in Dronfield please?

It’s got a lot of pubs.

Don’t drink and trade.