Hi There Everyone!

I’ve decided to study Forex. I’ve been mostly watching stocks over the years but lately have been intrigued with learning this subject.

I’m currently going through the University here, and it is an amazing resource. I just finished the Forex for Dummies book, which was unexpectedly thorough. I also just today received a book I bought "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets.

I want to get as educated as I can before opening a demo account and trying to trade with fake money. My long term goal is to trade enough to supplement retirement when I finally do decide to hang up my spurs in the corporate world. I’ve got a good retirement nest egg but as I am still in my late 50s I would appreciate another income source after I quit working. We’ll see how it goes… baby steps.

Welcome on BP :slight_smile:

Thank you. I am looking forward to the challenge of learning and trading Forex.

Hi Dan. You have a good plan. May I suggest that you don’t delay in opening a demo account. Practice what you learn on demo as you go through the books or material. That will provide you with a better understanding of the markets than merely ingesting the theory.

Thanks QuadPip. Do you have any recommendations on demo accounts to start with?

Welcome dan, I completely agree that you need to educate yourself. You can start here. Take your time and start reading different threads and books. Best of luck.

I suggest Oanda. Their demo accounts emulate their funded accounts exactly.

Hi I am new as well I mean not to forex but to the chat area the best tool that I have studyed or the only one I feel I need is here the school of pipsology great you should cheak it out

Meta Trader 4 is what I use

Welcome Dan. Learning forex is not easy but is very rewarding if you master it. Keep reading and educating yourself. There is lots of good material here on BP.

1 Like

Great start! Welcome and I hope to hear more of your trading experiences. Good luck and see you around!

1 Like

New to this forum but not new to trading been learning trading fir a while.Hoping to get some tips and strategy in this forum.

1 Like