Hi. Why 98% of traders loose money?

I’ll guess upon studying Mr krugmans threads is he is here to sell the dream not live the reality.

1 Like

It’s also nice when a little luck is on you’re side.

I’ll be blunt, in my opinion I can easily see why c.90% of retail accounts don’t last the ride. Speculating in FX is not easy, and saying that all you need to succeed is patience, a strategy and occurrences doesn’t even scratch the surface.

It’s rather easy to make profits in the short term, but to last the long term is almost impossible.

1 Like

Aww, you took time to study my old threads. That really hits me in the feels. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure, i can conceed that leverage and overrisking are also big components to why traders lose, but i would place that in the strategy bucket. I know there are lots of other reasons as well, heck i have written hundreds of posts here on babypips talking about all of those reasons, but for the sake of brevity i wrap them up in some high level ideas.

a Reality check needed. Quantity does not equal quality.

This says quality.

Consider it done!

2 Likes

Perhaps following videos may help to identify the reasons why most traders’ loose moeny.

Following article would add further insight on the topic.

“Trust me i’m a 30 year old veteran” - any person who rambles on about a ‘Cycle of Doom’ is just a Muppet.

I don’t know what kind of insight you’re after by following these articles and watching these videos, but it most certainly isn’t helpful.

2 Likes

Oh comon, it wasnt that bad. Yeah he used some corny wording but he was actually correct in what he was saying.

Your trading discipline means nothing if you won’t learn volatility and how to adapt to its changes. As you are using leverage, volatility is a principal component of knowledge you have to incorporate in your studies.

Personally I find Anton Kreil (Video 1) quite refreshing ! :slight_smile: - -

1 Like

It is glad to hear that you are a 30 years old veteran. But, unfortunately, I am not :disappointed:

It looks to me that you only watched the video of "Cycle of Doom" and didn’t bother to watch the video of Anton Kreil and nor read the Article of DailyFx.com. Otherwise, you won’t say what you have mentioned in your post.

We all know that most of the Novice traders tried to use one strategy after another unless and untill they blow up their account and gave up. There are so many Threads on this Forum in which OPs disclosed the reasons of their failure and most of them are those which have been discussed in the video of "Forex Cycle of Doom.

In the interview with Anton Kreil, he pin pointed various reasons why Retail traders loose their money. He also compared them with the Institutional Traders and suggested various methods to become a professional and successful traders.

And the dailyfx.com article is purely research based in which various DATA source were used.

Here is an extract from the said article:

"Why do major currency moves bring increased trader losses? To find out, the DailyFX research team has looked through over 40 million real trades placed via a major FX broker’s trading platforms. In this article, we look at the biggest mistake that forex traders make, and a way to trade appropriately."

And last but not the least, everyone has the right to disagree with the opinion of others, but he should do it in a decent way and should not use any harsh or insulting word for other fellow member.

1 Like

You may check his other videos "Professional Traders Vs. Retail Traders series at his channel “Institute of Trading” at Youtube.com.

You might like it too.

I will take a look - but although I like his style, (check also “Anton Kreil annihiltes…”) and the Tv Programmes where he “mentored some newbie traders - live on TV…” , And mostly I like the way he explains the “inner workings of teh Industry”

I’m not sure he actually comes up with much to help Newbies along a positive path.and at the end of the day he is a salesman for his own courses ! - However I shall take a look at your suggestions :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right. The main purpose of his videos are purely marketing for his courses. But I found him talking about harsh realities. He also disclosed various issues on which most of the Guru and Experienced Traders don’t talk.

Im curious, do you believe there is something wrong with a trading expert selling their knowledge and experience?

Not at all - In fact if you look back, you will find posts where I argued exactly that point against someone who was asking for pdf’s of his coursework for nothing.

But on the other hand, there are a great number of people selling stuff, much of which is over-hyped and of little value - by the same curiosity - do You have a problem with my mentioning the fact that he is “selling stuff” ?

at the end of the day he is a salesman for his own courses !

Who cares.Totally irrelevant to the conversation or to Anton’s knowledge and experience

I know you aren’t marketing for Anton, which gives your comment a negative connotation. It creates an illusion that someones experience and knowledge is more are less valuable based on them wanting to market it. I think every new trader would do well to sit down and watch some Anton Kreil videos to root them firmly in the reality of trading, and I would hate to see someone pass on his videos because of the “he’s a salesman” mantra.

You seem to have taken umbrage at what I posted. However, I do not understand your post. Nor do I understand what I posted to upset you.

Please try again and relate your answer to my post.

Thank you