High-Low Swinging

Hi amb,

I had sold GBP/USD and GBP/JPY on Friday. GBP/JPY closed now and nothing to lose on GBP/USD. I have the 1.5715 area marked as a danger level as well. But will continue to trade the current setups until price says otherwise. I do not trade the news though. I believe the technicals setup far ahead. Lets see how the are holds up to the test. If we stall there again, then I’ll take profits.

Great going on those trades.

Hi amb, can you post a chart of your eurjpy and audjpy set up that you took? Im having difficulty seeing them, thanks,

GBP/USD short running good so far. Now below 1.5715. Let’s see if the day closes below this level as it would make for a nice daily PVSH short.

Adding to GBP/USD shorts at 1.5710-1.5730, based on PVSHs of 12pm October 12th 2011 and 4:00pm October 13th 2011.

Shorts closed +164 and +118pips.

Eyeing 1.37331 for a long on EUR/USD and 121.30 for a long on GBP/JPY.

Also long on USD/CAD at 1.0160. This one may go into next week.

My short EURUSD got triggered at PVSL @ 1.3769. Currently +61 pips. Moved stop to BE.

Nice trade swallowtail. Took that one as well.

Current level 1.0230 tricky. An area to monitor.

Hi BankDapPips,
Thank you for sharing. Just came across this thread and finished half the pages :slight_smile: I like the simplicity of your method. Few questions if you can please answer:

1. How do you determine your daily bias? so we know today we are looking for short or long?

2. I am using Bill William’s Fractal with MT4. How i can tell if the new swing formed is Highest and now price will head down?

Looking forward to learn.

Regards,

Hi FX280,

I primarily use a system of higher lows and lower highs on the H4 chart. So if we start/continue to get lower highs on the H4 chart, I prepare to sell any PVSH that we are buying up into. If we start/continue to get higher lows, I prepare to buy any PVSL that we are selling down into. Then bigger time frames like the daily should agree with the position I take. So for example on the EUR/USD H4 right now, we had some selling taking place, however we now have a higher low created: first low 18-OCT 12:00PM and second low 20-OCT 4:00am, now we are selling down into those two PVSLs after a higher low, I am prepared to buy at 1.3725. The EUR/USD daily chart is also showing a current uptrend.

Hope I have answered your question. I am not clear on the second question though. I think you are asking when the formation of the swing is completed? If so, that is how and where the fractals help. Where fractals are formed confirms swings.

Thank you for quick reply. Please check the image below. Should we buy when it hit 11 % fib? Do you think my fractal arrows are correct?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The 11% fib entry would be a lower risk entry and another setup area for entering long. I however think it may be difficult to get there based on the PVSH levels above if buyers are serious. But yes that would be a good entry point. Also, your fractals seem fine to me.

Thanks PDB. I got it. do you place limit orders or just do it manually?

Lots of pip to you :slight_smile:

No prob FX. For the most part I trade manually. Same to you. Lets see how it goes. Market will tell in a few.

Went long on the AUDUSD pair to gain 23.1 pips.

Stopped out at BE on GBP/USD Long. A very bearish picture here at 12noon close.

Went long on the EURUSD pair to get 22.9 pips.

These trades used a stop loss of 15 pips or 0.75% risk per trade.