High Volume Trades - over 30 lots

I am not doubting that Clark…you got filled on your order for 200 lots without any problem…but, at what average fill price…and what were the market conditions (buying in a dropping market makes this EASY… buying in a market as it just breaks out changes this entirely!)

Filling is a given in all but the most extreme cases. But filling with ZERO slippage…this is a different matter altogether.

Jay

I think this is the crucial part here, what was the average price. Sure selling or buying even a 500 lot trade that I knew I was holding for the long term would not bother me in terms of any filling slippages. But day trading 100 lot positions where a 3 pip slippage against you is catastrophic…that would be my major concern.

I know for a fact that my own personal trading approach is spit over several trading sessions, but with 30% of my trades taken place outside of the London and New York session, Liquidity can hit you in the face hard. Thankfully, I have a trading approach that also looks to enter upon price ‘stalling’, which should in hindsight reduce the total slippage gained. What i should be looking for is signals to buy into a falling market just prior to price turning, and the opposite for selling. This would be the optimum entry, with minimal slippage. But **** me…its not easy LOL

Yesterday I broke through. Attained 50 pips with sgtmarkets .com/en/trading-platforms/fix-api-trading/