High winrate, low DD and great RRR

Hi

I have developed a strategy. After my backtests, i have decided to go live and started to test it on a live account with micro lots. I have started my strategy on 24th January 19. Here’s the link to my verified myfxbook account. I would love to read your feedbacks.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Ates/dumani/3163306

2 Likes

Hello Dumani

Your FXBook is very impressive, and I look forward to
monitoring your progress.

What are your intentions in posting to Babypips?
No one can give you any constructive feedback
unless they know what you are doing.

Are you planning to post the rules to your strategy?
or at least explain the basic approach?
or are you hoping to attract some kind of investment
on the basis of consistent profitability?

It usually boils down to one or the other

Regards

1 Like

Hi,

Actually i need more time and proof for this strategy. I just wanted to ask how it looks to you traders. An investment would be interesting but i can not risk someone elses money. Not yet. I need at least 3 more months and more than 300 trades to be statistically significant about my strategy.

Hi Dumani
Will be watching this develop.
Sounds interesting.

Can you give any details at this time regarding time-frame traded; number of trades per day/week; duration trades are held; pairs traded; time of day trades are entered/exited (ie which sessions you prefer to trade) and so on?
It’s good that you care not to put traders into a position where you are not sure they too can profit.

1 Like

Hi

Timeframe vary. I often look at 1H time-frame and go up to 4H to see if i’m on the trend. I only buy if price is low and sell if the price is high. I have created some statistical indicator to determine it. It’s similar to moving average. I’m going to share my indicator on TradingView platform.

Sometimes I wait for 10 days or i wait for 1 hour. The average holding period is like 2 days. But again, time will show us. Today it’s a winner after 80 trades. We will see how it performs after 300.

Fxbook shows 1:200 but I only have 1:30 leverage and i don’t use all my margin. The most imoortant part is the patient. I wait before .i enter or exit the trade. I usually put limit orders and do not enter market orders.

1 Like

Btw, I’m also testing this strategy on Cryptocurrencies. I have longed ONTUSDT yesterday at price 0.6420 and waiting for 0.7155 to exit. To be honest, real target is 0.7287 but there are some deviations due to volatility. I will see how it performs.

Why dont you show open orders? And best and worst trades?

This is what I’m looking for, and lots of others will chime in asking for the same the longer this goes. Interested in your results either way. :v:

1 Like

Hi

Because i don’t want someone copy them and lose money because of me. As I said, I’m not 100% satisfied yet. I will do that after i finish my tests and start trading with more balance.

1 Like

Do you have open orders on that account?

Yes i have many open orders. Here you are:

OK this his where i wanted to get, just by looking at your results i was pretty sure that you had a negative floating p/l . So all the statistics show at myfxbook are totally misleading as they are only accounting the trades that you closed (most of them positive) and not the ones that you didn’t close (probably most of them negative). So please next time show us the full statistic of your account ok.

And you have decided this by looking at 6 opened trades and ignoring 80+ closed trades? Did you see the average pips of my trades?
Statistically speaking; there are more than 90% probability that these trades will hit their target with at least 30 pips. They are swing trades. I use both swing and scalp.
Anyway, there will be always open trades. Even I close these trades with loss, i’m still profitable enough.
This is not martingale, grid or something like that. All entries and exits are statistical. I am using MT4 just for entering trades. I’m using Python and custom indicator i have developed in TradingView.

No i decided this by looking at a very high win rate, a high number of pips made this month, a high profit factor and the fact that i suspected that there where losing trades that weren’t close. I cant see if there is only 6 trades opened or there is more. In which statistics do you base yourself to say that there is a 90% probability that those trades will hit their targets.

1 Like

I’m a data scientist for more than 20 years. Statistics is my business. This is the strategy I have developed. Ok let’s wait some time and i will update this trade accordingly.

1 Like

Can you talk more about this?

1 Like

Hi

I need more data. I don’t want to explain something that I’m not confident

Guys, let’s give Dumani a chance. He has been good enough to share his early results with us and quite rightly is cautious about devolving his system until he has built up a statistically valid data base. Give him some space.
Dumani, best of luck to you and we look forward to more info when you are ready.

3 Likes

17.6% in one month is very impressive. If you can keep this up, this translates to ~600% a year. This is highly unlikely, but I am very interested to see your progress, and even more so if you would be willing to disclose the rules later. In any case, could luck!

1 Like

Hopefully with time, we’ll get some more details.