Hiker lost for 5 days survived off berries and bugs

I have not tried!!! How would you describe it? Is it just like mussels but… 100x slimier??

If I got lost in the wild too

What do you mean? Like you would have survived also? :slight_smile:

They’re kinda chewy, actually, rather than slimy.

Speaking of unusual protein - has anyone here tried frog meat? I have and I actually liked it.

1 Like

That’s true - and yes I’ve tried Frogs legs in USA - I won’t eat the french version as I’m not happy with the way they are reputedly detatched. but yeh they’re ok as are Aligator tails !

Watched “Alone” the other night and the guy was Alone on Vamcouver island for 58 days. On day 58 ? he found 3 big slugs and was happy the he’d had “A real meal” after not having caught anything to eat for 3 days !

Not exactly to my taste, but I suppose “if Needs must” - yes of course I would !

1 Like

Worth watching The Revenant for a realistic impression of being lost in the wilderness. Its the most exhausting film I’ve ever seen.

I’ve two time s been lost in bad weather on Dartmoor but it was nothing like this.

I have! I remember it tasting just like chicken, it was fried though IIRC. How was yours cooked? :frog:

That’s a good show! I’ve only caught like two episodes of it but definitely made me realize how I will die in the wilderness in 2 days lmao

Yes. Just a serious of many many unfortunate events. Very good movie though.

Mine were fried too and did kind of tasted like chicken, but I like chicken so I had no objections. :smiley:

Yup same! Although imagine if it were boiled… it’ll probably taste the same lol what am I thinking :joy:

1 Like

Does anyone boil frog legs? I think it would be too chewy and tough prepared like that.

I’ve not thought of that. I did boil a frog once for it to be dissected… The smell of it… :frog::persevere:

Hahaha, oh that poor frog.
I’ve never dissected anything at school, though I did manage to set my sleeve on fire in the chemistry lab once. :fire::open_mouth:

That sounds a lot more exciting than smelling a frog being boiled. (Although I hope your skin didn’t get burned!) Makes me wonder why that was. Perhaps because it wasn’t skinned?? Boiled chicken doesn’t smell nasty like that…

1 Like