Holly smokes, I lost my $4k savings in a month as a first time forex trader

As I saw you rushed yourself too early and with a high stake. The good thing is that you made a good analysis so dont give up. Learn, try what you learn in demo and the most important - do not risk what you cant afford in real trading.

Well you know where you’re going wrong, thst’s a very positive thing :slight_smile:

Very sad to hear and see so many people gambling away money that they canmot afford to lose on a business venture almost only on hope.

Setting up a new business takes experience in working in a field, sufficient capital to generate income and to pay for living expenses on a quiet period , real skills that you know will make your business credible. . .

In a lot of posts we all recognise the lack of all these things, and when (like the OP wrote) a lot of money is burnt on a dream you always feel that another one bit the dust but it could all have been avoided with a rational assessment of the potential in hand…

1 Like

Unfortunately it is a common mistake among newbies especially, I’ve certainly made it as a newbie too.

1 Like

Yes newbies aremuch excited think they will capture marke tin couple of days . They are not aware the risk involving in it . They invest all their saving to become more successful in less time. As in the thread is mentioned he loose all amount of first investment . I think they should first review other’s success before investing all money as a starter. When having a good idea and practice of profit making they caninvest any time in trading account.

It’s been a year and a half since the original post, hopefully now he’s doing better.

Wow thats a big loss! My advice would be start from scratch and take your time the next time round! Demo trade LOTS before live trading!

1 Like

You are just posting here some usual collection of mistakes of some not that good trader which you are here. And be sure to take that all in account. Also do not spend so much amount of money without seeing anything in return really. I wish you good luck anyway.

You do realize that the thread starter wiped out in June 2017??? LOL!!!

I think it’s safe to say he’s doing something else now.