How about discussing actual trade ideas?

Been on this forum for some time now, and I have noticed that discussing actual trade ideas, trade setups and predictions is nowhere to be found. Posting trade journals, ■■■■■■■■ trade systems with altered results, “my friend told me about this amazing system”… This goes for all the sub categories, it is just bull. And Political Opinion? That sub is MAGA vs. the rest. Idiocy. Like I said, been a member for some time, lots of good stuff on BP, but the Forum is useless.

1 Like

I just find in here and don’t see anything or interaction with traders

1 Like

It’s Babypips.

2e1lxv

1 Like

You’re wrong! Maybe because you’ve probably not come across EURGBP - Interactive Trading

1 Like

You can start one and change what you deem to be the norm.

I strongly agree, in principle.

The members interested in that are all the ones who seem to leave (they do sometimes explain why).

I think “nowhere” is a slight exaggeration, though.

Counterexample -

1 Like

I think the problem is the people who do post this sort of content, like myself, start to loose interest because there is no “discussion” for the most part. I’ve always enjoyed sharing trade setups and ideas, but I work full-time and any “spare” time I have I try to dedicate to looking at charts and finding setups for the next day/week. It takes time and effort to post educational content here and when nobody interacts then it just feels like a waste of time.

I don’t post here for me, I post here for others.

4 Likes

@MattyMoney Totally agree… I have been trading fulltime since 2017… So I had the time to post new strategies probably every other month about 3-4 years ago… I even published 3 or 4 complete threads on some of the better strategies…

Weeks of live calls on certain strategies just to prove they work with no feedback or interaction…

I began titling the posts Spoonfed FX… Some of my strategies I now post over on ForexFactory

My biggest gripe with many of the new traders that float into this forum is they don’t even seem to be able to use the search function in a forum to find the information they are looking for…

Perfect example is the OP of this thread… After his initial Rant@WeRideAtDawn went straight over to Dennis’s comprehensive SWA thread and left the post below…

How about reading the beginning of the thread…!! Perfect example of the point I made above…

1 Like

This forum has other problem . Mods and admins protecting better 'troll-users" because “the forum must be friendly” ignoring valuable users which try to protect new users. Even in this topic is that kind user, which share “knowledge” “random trading can be profitable” but doesn’t show ANY live results, only on demo. His post is still available on the forum and mix in head newbies. I didn’t write to it, I write to be more like mods and admins support, showing new traders FX world how it is, no “great equity curve” . I thought that BP is the last bastion of true…

1 Like

Since this very issue is now widely noticed and so good someone is raising it up, rather than just pinpointing the problem, i think these suggestions would work;

1. Start your own interactive trading trade ideas just like i did mine EURGBP - Interactive Trading (EURGBP - Interactive Trading) if the pair your love and trade most doesn’t have an interactive trade ideas section.

2. I would love those who had one, shouldnt hesitate sharing their links here and we also won’t bother bookmarking and interacting with such sections, since that’s something everyone in here all seek for. This supportive gesture would not only encourage owners of sections like this but also those who would like to create one.

Best regards everyone,
Ayọ

This is conclusive of a person, the Op, who ignores his obligation to apply himself to a research or fact-finding mission before airing his thoughts. Babypips has an abundance of threads where the strategies for entries are explained.

Here is one of them in addition to the few already mentioned.

The £10k Gamble