How about discussing actual trade ideas?

I’ve just been trading USDJPY and GBPJPY for the last week. One of my best weeks trading. Keeping it simple with some stuff learned from @AmericanTrader in the scalping strategy to end the year thread. Been a really good going.

Thank you for saying this. No one wants to take the time to post something useful and then hear nothing but crickets. The moment I consider making a post, I remember that the last one has plenty of views but little to no discussion.

There are too many lurkers and not enough contributors in online groups in general, not just on Babypips. Senior members have to find a way to engage newer members and make them feel comfortable asking questions and contributing their ideas, even if we think the question could be resolved with the search function or the idea is off-based.

If it’s someone’s first time posting when they ask a question and the first response is “and who are you?”, “you need to introduce yourself and ask nicely”, “did you try searching the forum?”, and other ball breaking that I’ve seen here, it’s almost a guarantee that the new member will be more hesitant about posting or engaging in the future.

Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Exactly the situation… Especially after reading the psychobabble from the OP who as I pointed out is a perfect example of the content of his own thread…

I have a thread running at the moment demonstrating how to trade effectively and safely without using TP’s or SL’s… All live calls… Over 1500 pips on the NASDAQ in a few days and not a single follow up post… It’s a total waste of my time and knowledge…

But I can bet there’ll be another 30 threads in the next 12 months on how newbies can’t make money, keep blowing accounts, are being Stop hunted and that trading FX via CFD’s is just a scam…

That’s why we lose interest in trying to help the terminally simple…

1 Like

I agree. I think there is a fine line between sharing knowledge and spoon feeding, which unfortunately many newer members want. Social media has spoiled people because content creators jump through hoops for likes and engagement.

But this is trading and a skill that can feed you for a lifetime if mastered. When did we normalize jumping through hoops to give someone a skill that takes years to develop, and the recipient doesn’t have to make any effort?

You would almost think people get charged a fee for hitting the like button or charged per word for a response. It costs nothing and let’s the poster know that they are not talking to an empty room. Seems simple and reasonable to me.

I’m all for discussing trade ideas as time permits, but it comes after my other trading obligations.

1 Like

@MartialChartsFX Great words… Most people I have shown what I do for a living and the freedom it gives me… Jump at the opportunity to have a go at it themselves… The cost of entry to this pursuit is crazy inexpensive… When compared with any other start-up venture…

I ask them a few weeks later how they are going with the markets… Usually on a demo… And the number one answer without doubt is… Ohhhh… I didn’t have the time…

WTF… Make the time… Sleep less… That’s how I learned this game…

I’m still flabbergasted to this day that most people will unhappily work 8-10 hours a day at a job they may hate… And yet can’t find maybe an hour or two a day on an opportunity to improve their situation…

To take control of their own success… Their own future… Their own prosperity…

2 Likes

Some people will gladly trade financial freedom for the security of a steady paycheck. Little do they know that the paycheck really isn’t that secure and that they can easily be replaced.

1 Like

I think it’s time to add my 3 pesos. @MartialChartsFX wrote

Let me clear something, trading is not walking at park, easy peasy task, even if you have rules, you have to follow it. Profitable trading is constant working on new ideas and improvements. If you don’t have time to do it, do own research, spend time to resolve problems just don’t do it, the market doesn’t care it.

In case of “ball breaking”, I wrote many times “and who are you?” or “did you try searching the forum?” and I will write it, why? because I am not a babysitter, I wrote many useful information and I will not constant repeat it, if new member is lazy, should not start trade, only people with strong mind and character, put effort, achieve this goa,l others not.

And according to this

I was very active on the forum, posted many useful information and many times met rude behavior just because some members doesn’t like my posts or doesn’t understand it. Unfortunately, the administration of the forum treating better members and new users than regular members.

Just my thoughts

1 Like

Mine also.

(You might even say “new members and robot-AI-posters”.)

Well, some people want babysitting. And some people don’t care to work with somebody rude, whether you were rude all on your own or just reacting to somebody else being rude. They’ll just move on to the next trader posting stuff and being more positive.

It’s a tough sell sharing info anywhere.

You two don’t seem to like it here or don’t like the people running it. Why stay instead of going to like FF or ET or another place?

1 Like

I was banned from FF after exposing some outright corruption there.

This isn’t my main forum.

You ask a fair question, though, and not one to which I honestly have a great answer.

At least, not one comprising things unsaid already by dozens of other people.

I just think it could so easily be a great and successful forum instead of a bad and failing one.

I come back here about every three or four years or so and rejoin, to see whether anything’s been done to reduce the spam and/or bots, but very sadly it never has, and the obvious reasons most real, human, non-beginner members leave (which many of them actually explain openly, both here and on other sites) apparently never change at all.

I keep hoping the forum will improve (like the “School” did), and often even trying in my own small way to help that to happen, but without success.

I don’t blame the moderators at all: it’s just that the policies they enforce are (to be ultra-polite) “sub-optimal”, and the fact that they’re not traders themselves, and unfamiliar with what goes on in other trading forums, is also (again, to be very polite) “unfortunate”.

Sorry, not a great answer to your very legitimate and perfectly fair question, I know, but it’s all I have to offer. :blush:

1 Like

No sorry needed. It’s your answer. That’s enough.

1 Like