How do I become emotionless when trading?

What makes trading difficult is not only the market,strategy news or values rather it depends upon the mindset or behaviour of traders.Initially it is difficult to keep emotions in check as huge amount of funds are invested but no can teach you this.Gradually with more experience you will learn things or may be you can start making sound risk and money management strategies.

Start automated trading.

You can become emotionless at once, as it’s a long-lasting process. There will be a lot of loses on your way, so you need not just overcome them, but understand that loses don’t matter. It’s easy to say, but hard to do and you need not just to forget about money or opportunities you lost, but also train your mentality. I can describe this in one phrase, that I’m saying to myself “Yes, you just lost your money and that’s was your fault. But, hey, such happens to a lot of traders every day. And I’m a good trader, huh? So I will make my profit over time and this lose doesn’t matter”. Hope that’s will help you…

Hey, don’t overthink your anxiety. Every trader have the same problem sometimes. The main thing isn’t to forget why you started doing this, to remember what you liked most about this business (even if it all comes down to only profit). Try to stay positive and not get hung up on every deal.

1 Like

Right. I like your point of view.

1 Like

Our reptilian brain is wired to fear the unknown. If the market were a person who tells you exactly where it’s heading and where it would turn would you still have anxiety trading it?

The market is not a person of course but it does tell you what price will do and where it will turn. The market is very deliberate and moves in a set and prescribed manner. You just need to understand its language. Once you do, you will be able to interpret it very well; perhaps not to perfection but very close to it.

Make the effort to learn price action. The better you get at it the less anxiety you will have. Risk management will become easy, stop placement will be simple, TP levels will reveal themselves and you will be able trade without stress.

Same here. It’s been said rightly.

How do you manage to stay positive when you see that you are in serious loss on an open position?

All of the above but add meditation as well.

Its amazing what can happen when you are actually live in a state of awareness.

Why let any position get into a serious loss?

I dont think anyone ever intends that to happen but traders are literally emotionally hijacked the same way we might lose it in an argument, road rage or crime of passion.

Im sure there are many who have regretted actions after a fit of rage.

The way I see it trading is often very similar

It happens… Trading is not my full time job

I close live charts after opening a trade. If I do need to look at a chart (e.g. for backtesting or research), I close the P&L window. Sometimes I’ll forget that I even have a trade open until the next day.

trade must have emotions. Why take it away? The most important is that your trading system if you feel good, the psychology will be good, and vice versa. no emotion is not necessarily a good thing as EA has proved a lot because it is not emotional :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My advise for you is create a startegic plan, try it on demo account, for you to be familiar with it like the back of your hand and then take it to Live account. “Be a trader not a gambler”

if you don’t completely want to entrust the trading process to the EA, you should reduce the maximum risk of the trade, for example, to 1-2% of the capital. This should help you.

1 Like

Well, if nothing can be done… we have to learn to accept losses… they are a part of trading and we have to learn to accept it. What you should do is use a good risk management strategy so that losses don’t exceed your loos bearing potential.

Accounting for possible losses should be a part of any relatively decent trading plan, those always occur, no matter how good your strategy is.

Practice and only practice can make you handle emotions nicely according to me. No book or technique can help you master that in a better way. The more you trade, the better you will know how you have to avoid being affected by emotions.

Mediation and constant thinking is the only way. It comes with time and you’ll make a lot of mistakes before you learn to control your emotions. The only way is not to give up and master your skills and understanding of your main goals. There is no simple way… only time helps to overcome this.

1 Like