How do I become emotionless when trading?

Profit is never possible if there is emotion in trading. It is possible to be successful in trading if you give up emotions. I have turned into a very profitable trade losing trade after falling into the trap of emotions. If you want to give up emotions, you must take the help of meditation. Meditation removes the instability inside our minds.

1 Like

Agreed! Meditation is definitely a great way to help you control your thoughts and imbibe patience and calmness in you.

A good trader needs to understand how he behaves under every emotion and how he should act. So, instead of avoiding your emotions, learn to embrace it.

Do not pay heed to others’ opinion.

That’s rightly said.
Got to know how to handle emotions, coz avoiding them is something not practically possible.

Majority of the trader feel emotional while trading initially because of risk taken. Its just that as a trader you must know to balance your emotional and mental health. To improve this you need to practice more and more so that you become more confident on yourself.

It is very important to control your emotions while trading. Set your limits and don’t overtrade.

One of the Major aspects that traders do not consider is that they need to limit their trading activity and stop doing Over trading.

You can never become totally emotionless. It’s quite difficult but as you grow more confident and become experienced it will weigh less and less.

2 Likes

Do not suppress it just learn how to work on it.

We are humans and parting with emotions is a really tough thing to do. However, something that helps is meditation and taking some breaks in between from trading that helps you stay calm and emotionless.

Rightly said, We are humans so it is difficult for us to control our emotions at times but keeping the mind calm is what really required in order to be successful in the long run

2 Likes

Correct. The only way to calm yourself is via some meditation I believe. Surround yourself with positivity.

Meditation helps a lot to keep the mind calm which is a necessity in forex trading

1 Like

Has that worked for you?

Hey Purtle!
Wow this has helped me realize that I don’t reflect on my losses that much. Sometimes we need to step back and think about why we enter trades, why we worry, and have an overall goal we have to accomplish. One goal people have is paying off debt. Making these goals can help us individually and work harder than having no goal at all.

I’ve been interested in trading ever since I was introduced to it at 14 years old. I’m 17 and I just started learning off AstroFX and other sources which I’ve learned a TON from. I feel discouraged at times with how many losses I’ve had but then I realize that it’s only been a month since I took trading seriously and that I’ll get better months and years from now.

I know. It has helped me a lot too. Keeps you focused and calm.

Yes, it works for me and helps me to remain calm. Forex trading requires calmess and alertness of mind so it surely helps

1 Like

Indeed it is. Its all about concentration and being calm and composed in trading. Meditation helps you with that eventually.

1 Like

In my 2 years of trading experience, I have realized that one’s emotions are the biggest barrier. Once you learn to become emotionless, you become a good trader.

1 Like