How do I know if trading is for me?

That’s absolutely right and that’s a big danger in my trading style. I think that’s why I trade commodities now which I think have a bit more of a definable floor and ceiling price. But, yes, sometimes the trade just goes too far in the wrong direction and I just have to pull the plug, usually losing thousands in the process. I guess that’s my stop-loss. But happily it doesn’t happen too
often.

1 Like

Sure! That was why some time ago I turned to crude oil from forex. There is,for example, a floor level defined purely by the cost of production. Price cannot stay for very long below that floor level before the wells start getting shut down and pushing price up again. Nowadays we are in an entirely different price environment!! :slight_smile:

My main interests now are stock indices and i am currently building a Eurozone portfolio style approach based on the Euro using the EuroStoxx50 for investment/trading and using FX instruments to “hedge” my Euro account into other currencies on a currency strong/weak analysis.

I’m not so very keen on suggesting that the current world turmoil offers speculative trading opportunities but it is justified to protect one’s financial interests…

…but I’m clearly drifting off topic here! 🫣

1 Like