How do I remove my fear of trading?

Risk management and position sizing. You got to be comfortable with the losses, so try to make them small. only risk 1% per trade starting off.

I strongly recommend to train my discipline and learn to control my emotions. An account with a small account will help you with this. You will also trade with real money and feel real excitement without losing large amounts of money. Over time, you will get used to the psychological pressure and will increase your investment by further training your psychological state.

I agree. For me, it’s a matter of building a tolerance for that kind of encounter with disappointment (losing trade).

I think once you have a strategy, you will see that losing is part of the process; it’s not definitive of you as a person/trader.

To be honest, demo your strategy and build your tolerance for losses. After a while, I think you’ll emotionally detach yourself from the trades. If you win, you’re not excited. If you lose, you’re not upset.

It’s just “on to the next trade”.

Fail and thicken your skin.

Psychological fears when it comes to trading can be difficult to be removed. Have you consider trying trading in demo slowly? Surely, it will help you to remove your fear. Remember “Courage is knowing what not to fear” - Plato

Focus on increasing your knowledge and make a sound strategy.

How many positions you had since you’ve opened the account?

1 Like

If you know what you are doing then you will not be very scared… Start from small money try to find algorithmic trading aproach!

1 Like

That a good quote.

Practice more and more to remove fear of trading. The more you practice the more your confident will increase.

Strengthen your trading knowledge.

1 Like

Take a break, improvise your trading strategy, gain some more knowledge.

I don’t know whether improvising strategy on the spot is a good idea when it comes to trading.

I think more and more practice can give you the confidence to take risks. It can help you to remove the fear of trading.

You can remove fear by getting more knowledge and practicing more and more. Practice help you to gain confidence on you.

Market is very volatile and one should have a proper strategy before going live and if you’re sure then you can practice more on demo.

Don’t rush into trading without proper research and knowledge. Since you are a beginner so place smaller lots so that less risk is involved. Initially, try to practice and understand the marker rather than focussing on profits since the market is highly volatile so know how much you are willing to risk

1 Like

You can start trading on a demo account if you are a beginner. After 2-3 weeks you shift to the live account but start with a smaller amount

The best way to overcome the fear of the trading is to understand what trading is all about, refer to various online trading videos and trading books, simultaneously practice trading on demo account as well.

This is important. I’m working on it, myself. I could trade big lots and try to get big money right now, or I could trade 0.01 lots and continue practicing and focus only on % profit.

It’s tough. Especially when you feel super sure that you know where price is going next.

Then, bam!! Stopped out.

The market has humbled me into trading minimum lots. I’m trying to not even trade 0.02 lots—only 0.01.

If I can show consistent profits, then I can increase lots.

Gotta be calm, cool, and collected.

1 Like

i believe fear means more loss. one needs to overcome fear in order to be a successful trader. what they say one has to face the fear in order to overcome it.