How do I remove my fear of trading?

Totally agree, the demo account really helps a lot, it helps to make better trading decisions but at the same time there is no emotion attached with the demo account because real money is not involved.

1 Like

Reduce your lot size. Have a trading plan. Accept all possible outcomes before activating a trade. You should accept the fact that the trade you’re about to activate “can” incur $$ in loss with a potential of $$$$$ in reward.

Even I faced it initially when I started trading but gradually you will get used to it. As others mentioned, you should practice on demo account before starting to trade on live account that will help you understand the platform and practice various strategies.

True - in a demo account you do not really feel any pressure as it is not real. But it can help you be more realistic in your trades, and that way of thinking can allow you to be better trained when you trade i real life. You cannot expect to always make a profit. it is normal to end up making a loss. However you should not take things lightly nor get discouraged. Just make sure you are serious about it ex. by taking the time to conduct careful analysis, have a good strategy. Keep a trading journal. All this can help you.

1. Take a walk after each trade.
  2. Find out the least volatile hour of the trading session.
  3. Stop trading after three consecutive wins or losses.
  4. Don’t look at your profit and loss while you are trading.
  5. Ask yourself: “Am I scared?

Avoiding focusing on what will be the outcome of our decisions. After all in life we’ve made some bad decisions and yet get positive consiquences.

Worth reading from old post.

1. My advise would be to start with the smallest lot size and only open a few that you can keep up with, having alot of positions will just end up too much to handle and lead to losses.
  2. As you become adept at trading, you will learn when you enter and exit trade, randomly trade are bad.
  3. If you start to loose and want to trade more to recover your losses, that probably when you should stop trading cause you are more likely to loose more than you gain.
  4. You will get used to losses as it common in trading, at the end of the day if you win more times than you loose then that what matters.