How do intelligent taders OVERCOME emotion?

comment remved by poster

comment removed by poster

i have absolutely no idea what you’re going on about
go get some sleep pal :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“stop_runner, post:40, topic:118333”]some would give you the price before you were asked for id,
[/quote]
The days of Deal (steal) For Free & Co. :slight_smile:
They soon wised up though when the marketing machine began gearing up & subsequent subscriber numbers expanded rapidly.

Now that was the real wild west when there was emotion with a capital E.

Totally agree with Daniel… Set your trades and walk away, watching the screen for hours on end is a complete headf$%k and the Brokers and LP’s know it… Get out and enjoy life and let the market do its thing…

And always trade position sizes you can afford to lose without stress…

& one or two others, including good/bad old city.

[quote=“corin, post:45, topic:118333”]Now that was the real wild west when there was emotion with a capital E.
[/quote]
ha, yeah the days when the regulators called & you said:
“sorry & you are”?

the emotional noose certainly doesn’t appear anywhere near as tight as it used to be, well not for the smarter operators anyway, particularly with the upgraded capital/stake permutations, execution flexibility & supplier choice.

the good old th’internet hey?
god bless it!

[/quote]
comment remved by poster
[/quote]

See what you started bro. Just had to drag the lords of the underworld out didnt ya

1 Like

boooo hisssss, he’s behind you messing with your emotions!

“oh no he isn’t”
“oh yes he is”

Emotions can be controlled but we cannot get rid of it but professional traders do control their emotions because they are able to judge the right entry and exit from the market so as long as we kept learning we will be success in this business.

DO they ? “Back in the day” Trading room “trader” was in his early twenties and “hyper” - Talked about things like “Ripping your face off” and laughing out loud - proud they were “beating up” the opposition. By the time you were 30 you were “burnt out” - way too old !

Women, Fast Cars, Huge Salaries, Up all night, Drugs, Booze and then “Back at it” for the next day !

Those are the people who had their emotions "under control " ?

[Edit :- Read this !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pit-Bull-Lessons-Streets-Champion/dp/0887309569/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514124761&sr=1-1&keywords=pitbull

[Edit 2 - Note the part about "The night he made $1.2 million by staying up all night trading the news that Gulf war had broken out " - So much for “Not trading news” - ]

Just focus on your trading process not on your result (if your strategy provided consistent money in demo for a long time).

everyone should bedoing this if you want to be successfully overcome emotion thank you peter

In trading forex for me profit and loss is general thing that sometime loss inevitable, maybe if we facing losing trades it could making us being emotion, for me how to control emotion usually only submit plan trading then leaving the chart and not always watching the chart, because it will only making doubt when plan already submited while price movement always change on minute

I don’t think there are no better option than doing more and more trading. Trader may face lose but it will make them strong and can overcome their emotions. What I did in my beginning stage is I tried to use demo platform. For my every single trade I tried to do that first in the demo platform. Then I applied it in my live trading. It helps me to be confident and overcome my emotions.

That sounds good in theory, but I don’t know how possible it would be to apply it in practice. Human nature is a difficult thing and it’s hard to focus on the trading when you keep seeing that you’re losing money.

1 Like

You are always welcome mate! Happy holidays.

1 Like

Document all your moves. Review and look for the good trade. You will not avoid frustration. In fact, if your not frustrated your not doing it right. Sit with it, make it your friend. Then you can move on.

hehe :smiley: happy holiday bro !

As being the human it is quite natural that we all have some common emotions like frustration, anger, greed, happiness, sadness, etc. But in forex market in the face of loss events, traders need to control over the negative emotions like frustration, anger, greed, sadness, excessive anxiety regarding lose of money, etc. Otherwise it will be difficult for nay trader to survive in both personal and professional life. What can help us is practice of trading, both with demo and live accounts. Once a trader will get the habit of win and lose frequently, he will be better understand the market and handle his emotions efficiently.

first and foremost thing to keep in mind here is that we are here to make a trade and take profit from it… but we never should be greedy for it… learn to control greed and take what u feel is right and closely monitor the news and be prepared for either win or loose since u enter a trade

1 Like