How do intelligent taders OVERCOME emotion?

I agree with you. You can’t eliminate emotions completely but it is in your hand to deal with it wisely.

There is no way to overcome emotion rather then to be in the situation and then simply “live trough” it and there is no other ways basically no matter what people says. Also you can’t “live trough” some situations for example, I don’t want to name them even…

I think the best way to overcome emotions is by looking at the bigger picture. It is better to take a step back and re-evaluate your mistakes.

I think the best way to overcome emotions is by looking at the bigger picture. It is better to take a step back and re-evaluate your mistakes.

Controlling your emotions is not an easy thing to do. Its going to take time but you’ll gradually learn how to control them. Whenever you feel a rush of emotions just take a break from trading and calm yourself.

1 Like

Emotions can be your greatest enemy when you trade. I try to meditate and stay away from my Pc when i feel emotional in trading.

1 Like

most definitely, and meditation really helps out.

It’s very simple: dont attach emotions to losing trades. Why would you? Do you get emotional when the traffic light turns red? No, you just stop the car and wait for it to turn green. That’s it. Just follow your trading plan just like you follow the traffic light. Emotions dont come into it, so dont expect them to. When the trade is not on, you’re at a red light when it sets up you have the green light. Just follow your trading plan.

1 Like

1 round of beers? Just kiddin. ahihi… :cat:

I read from Niall Fuller about the “Set and Forget” method of trading to lessen emotional attachment. Set the trade, its SL, its TP, and then enjoy life and come back later to check how you fared - not being glued to the monitor. :slight_smile:

Gooluck and kitty cheers! :cat:

1 Like