How do you expect the Brexit vote to go tomorrow? DEFEATED

Or is it Fox - something strange going on there?

At least FOX TRIES to be fair and balanced…:wink:

1 Like

Aye, truth is i know little of either CNN or FOX.

BBC would say that they try to take the middle line, I often see them being ridiculed by both ‘left’ and ‘right’ so who knows.

Know what struck me most? - the fact that Pres Trump will call out what he perceives as wrong regardless of sentiment.

That’s his best trait, however often his perception is flawed…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:.
But that’s also what got him elected. Absolutely NO political-correctness in the man.
And EVERY Democrat HATES him and will not give him any political “wins”. None. They are all trying to outdo one another on how bad he is and how much they hate him. That certainly will, regardless, get them their 33% of the electorate, as will Trump get his 33%. It’s, once again, up to the ones in the middle. Worked for Trump last time. Guess we’ll see this time.
will be an interesting election.

This is exactly it - he is a businessman - a C4 (Uk TV) correspondent last night commented that Pres Trump doesn’t like international trade deals his instinct is what works for the US first.

He is applying his business instincts to politics - only this time it’s USA Inc. and that is what he was elected to do.

I have some friends in the US who are in business - they all say the same thing - taxes are lower, business is good so why change it.

Anyways, over the years I often lamented how no-one would stand up to a certain country who were not adverse to stealing the designs of manufacturers who had spent a lot of money on R&D - their fake copies used to enrage me.

Finally, the wind of change :slight_smile:

I’ve watched a few things on CNN - I tend to agree although Sky News and Channel 4 All tend to be critical and aggressive towards new ideas which tend towards “Conservatism” and very noticeably “Anti-Brexit” The BBC and the German DW are particularly so - probaby because they are directly fundedby EU - (in secret) in Addition (In the case of the BBC) to the £150 TaX we are forced to pay annually For the privilege of having any “Apparatus capable of receiving TV” in our homes. This tax is paid directly to BBC and strictly enforced - It is contended therefore that NO BIAS is in any way acceptable ! with regard to content !

Never mind “WHo knows ?” It is very easy to count the number of “Remainers” versus " Brexiteers" on Question Time and there is Always a huge bias of Remainers - even though they have been thoroughly outvoted !

Do you HAVE to aay a tax towards CNN upkeep ? for example ?

It is quite obvious and continuously objected to without the slightest effect - Mr Farage has the “Licence fee” firmly in his sights ! for "After the Revolution " :wink:

I do know CNN pays a fee to be in EVERY airport in the country. Not sure about the
rest of the world’s airports.
Cable providers in this country pay a fee to every station they carry. I don’t think there is any
other financial arrangement between content providers and the cable company’s, at least that I am aware of. I do think/know that it is much cheaper here then in UK. For instance, we get for “free” F1
(on ESPN) and Premier League Football(on NBCSN-the sports network of NBC).

No we actually get charged a TAX ;

"…Nearly 3.5million cancelled their licence fees over the past four years

Of these, a staggering 21,312 were unsuccessful — our money down the drain, in other words.

And 90 people ended up in jail — also a scandalous waste of public resources at a time when we are running out of cells to house genuine villains…"

So we DEMAND “FAIR” and Bias free reporting - sound fair ?

Yeah, but if they are a reliable news source…:wink:

1 Like

I’ll agree that CNN is a Trump hater, but Fox, in the same vein, is a Trump lover. He can’t do wrong. Both networks fail at objectivity, with too much spin and clickbaiting. Too much opinion sold as fact from them both.

And with May with one foot out the door, who we be dumb enough to want to be PM now?

You didn’t cut and paste the :wink: at the end of what you copied…
I guess I would concede that if MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC are Trump haters than, FOX is Trump lover.

1 Like

All western democracies demand free reporting and a free press.

Imagine that there had been a terrorist attack in which 6 people lost their lives and that there was aspects that investigative journalists felt needed investigating:

The last sentence of the opening section of the above wikipedia mentions a film ’ no stone unturned’.

That film was produced by 2 investigative journalists - guess what happened them:

This from the BBC - 3 hours ago seems a fair enough report:

Possibly so @peterma, although there may be underlying motives or reasons it could be possible to construct in view of other incidents in the last number of years. :smiley:

Interesting that David Davies was at the court - I always regard him as a man of honour and integrity - WikiP says of him ;

"… On 12 June 2008, Davis unexpectedly announced his intention to resign as an MP, and was immediately replaced as Shadow Home Secretary; this was in order to force a by-election in his seat for which he intended to seek re-election by mounting a specific campaign designed to provoke wider public debate about the erosion of civil liberties in the United Kingdom. …"

[My Note - This was entirely a waste of time because BOTH the Tories and Labour Refused point blank to allow him to debate the issue and the media were pretty silent about it at the time if I remember right ! ]

Perhaps if the Conservatiives had chosen Him instead of Cameron to be their leader - things would be entirely different just now ?

However if he felt strongly enough to be there - then it is worth taking notice. - interesting to wonder whether he was there in a private capcity or as an observer for the Govt, which could be a possibility taking into account the potential for it to cause them problems in the future.

Certainly was an eye opener for me - not the police thing, but David Davis.

The Belfast Telegraph quoted him outside the court today:

“Press freedom is the most fundamental freedom in modern society because it protects all the other freedoms,”

“Protecting press freedom is not just about protecting journalists, it is about protecting their whistleblowers and their witnesses, it is about protecting the ability to expose wrongdoing and expose failure and that is what these journalists are doing and they don’t deserve to go through what they are going through now."

“Their cause is so important it should be known throughout the whole of the UK and the rest of the world.”

So a clear motivation - well done Mr Davis.

Couldn’t agree more.

Yup, agreed. :slight_smile:

So Boris Johnson is a favorite for PM I hear. He’s part of the Conservative Party, yes? What’s your take on him? Good or bad choice, or do the English not much care at this point? Anyone better than May and the dysfunction.

Here’s a good summary of where things stand and likelihoods of various outcomes. The more and more I read the more and more things are the same - no one option has a clear outcome or majority of support. Sure the potential is there, but I don’t see compromise from any of the parties involved. Oct 31 will be here before you know it.

With Boris the frontrunner for the PM job, does he actually want the job?

Boris Johnson will be interviewed on camera on Tuesday. Who’s watching?

He passed on the Sunday debate and has only done one newspaper interview. Does this guy want to be PM?