How do you get good at trading?

Hi. Can you mail me the naked trading book please? My success rate is quite low and I need to step up. Thanks a lot

I just downloaded Easy ATR on the iPhone and im not exactly sure what I’m looking at…

Scalping is not for everyone especially new traders. And you must have a good trading strategy. You must be disciplined to follow it because one large loss could eliminate all the small gains that you have made. Even day trading can lose money too. So the conclusion is that you need to work out your trading strategy, trading setup, risk management and so on, and test run it with a demo account before go live with a real account.

2 Likes

How many trades did you take over that time span?

Find a trend and scalp it. Don’t just press red or green and hope it will go where you want. Don’t scalp when news are released, sounds tempting but the volatility is to high. Try commodities, i find them more profitable and is easy to find trends. I doubled my account balance in 10 days(real moneys) I usually trade just 3 h in the morning and 2 h when ny opens , but only if i see something. I try to avoid Mondays and Fridays. We don’t have to trade everyday. Trade relaxed and don’t be gready. I don’t like demo accounts, you don’t feel nothing if i win ore lose. If i lose i can feel it , so i won’t do same mistakes again. I check 1 h, 30m , 15 min , 5 min then once i have an idea about what’s happening i can start scalping. I don’t know if this helps , but Good luck :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Please how can i setup a stop loss

Please, you said you trade on commodities. What are they kind of commodities you usually trade on

Hi, i trade : Gold , Silver and sometimes Platinum and Palladium. But on last two the spread is very high, like -$200 when you open a trade , so i must be sure when i play them . I start with small packs and i increase if goes on the right way . All this four went on higer highs, last week they went down . Because off the virus, I’m pretty sure they will go high again . Was some recovery this week . I read news and posts to get a feel about the trend every morning, then i check 1h , 30 m , 15 m ,5min frames . You must learn how to read the candles. Also i prefer to buy , while mainly i lose when i sell. I also keep an eye on signals to get a feeling but i don’t trust signals , i use them just to have one more point off view. So , news, signals and checking the market trend gives me all i need to decide how to open a trade . Information is all we need . Gold and silver moves like crazzy everyday , we are speaking about 5% to 17% while currencies are moving under 1% and are very imprevisible. So for scalping, commodities works better by my opinion. Try it on demo first. To play real moneys i advices you to start with min 3k . 5k wold be great . Start with small packs until you feel the market and focus only on two commodities.

I must apologise for my English…

P.s. I’m not a professional trader , i lost 22k until i learned how to make profit. And i still have to learn a lot . Babypips is a great start.

I wish you Good Luck and great profits .

6 Likes

I wold like to point how works when you can understand and feel the trend. Thursday morning i made 1k from 7 am to 8 am . ( I’m a builder so i don’t work in a office and i don’t have time to wach the market all day. Trading shouldn’t be your main income until you can make profits on regular bases) I decided was enough for the day, but during the day i tough i see some opportunities and i open few trades. At 10 pm i was - 3k + something happened and all went crazzy. But i didn’t get in panic because i have bk up and i was 85% sure they will go on right way. At 1 am i close them with 3k profit . Got my lost 2k and 1k bonus. But i made my homework early morning. You must know and be able to explain to someone if he ask you why you open a trade. If you cannot, is Baad.

2 Likes

I have an issue, each time I take a trade I see it going negative in a 2pip 3pips loss I close the trade only to check later n see that trade went my way n with this I loose lot of money going in n out of trade but also when I take a trade n let them move I discover it goes my way n make profit n won’t get to my tp n from there the market goes against me n wipe out my account, the issue now is sometimes my trade doesn’t get to tp and when it going against me my sL stop the trade n eventually the trade bounce back from there, I need ur advice

1 Like

This ate the two commodities I trade gold n silver that made me 1k in 3days n within 4days wiped out, majorly because I look at trade every 10mons n am tired doing that my strategy is to let my trade move for long time n tp but won’t get there and eventually wipe out my account within seconds am tired

Hi. I went on amazon but this book, naked trader title didn’t come up. Who wrote it? TIA

Make sure the market is reacting quickly based on your technical analysis then put big lot size​:moneybag: boom and wait for it to close when you feel like you have earned enough :muscle:Close but once you close if you see that price is still going up or down don’t chase those charts they will reverse and leave you hanging

1 Like

ATR(Average True Range) is in tradingview for free, try using tradingview for your technical analysis…

You can set your SL and TP around market structures, and also you can use 1.5* ATR for SL and 2*ATR for your TP…Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I know what you are going thru. I feel like i am still going thru it.

Long story short is I finally found the perfect strategy at least to me. Yesterday I made 400 pips and the day before 300 pips. ( That’s on My Proof Profit Strategy) which I have a thread going on here.

Problem is once in a while I go back to SCALPING ( US 30) i know I know I know :frowning:. Tuesday I almost BLEW my account.
Last couple days building I built my account back up 45%.

I only trade .01 lot sizes I run 20 to 23 pairs at a time . Small account.
Leverage 1:1500 USD

I would suggest to myself and others unless we can take a DEMO account from $100 to $1 MILLION first lets avoid Scalping …Note to self.

TabiusLee
My Proof Positive Strategy
( if you stick too it)

1 Like

If qh , 30 min 15 min , 5 min are on a trend you just fallow the trend , you open a trade on one min chart and goes wrong. Np . Go bk to 5 , 30 and 1 h . If trend is right , you will be positive in few h . If you get anxious means you are playing more moneys then you afford . Go bk to demos . Or just fallow the market for few days. I find out taking a break for few days improves my success rate . Reason i avoid Mondays and Fridays ^_-

I have been scalping successfully for well over a year now, I’ve found a few things to be incredibly helpful:

1. Cut your losses early
If you’re going to scalp effectively, you’re gonna need very clear rules for exiting your trades and execute as flawlessly as possible. If my trade doesn’t run into profit within the first few minutes of entry, I know that my edge in the market is diminished since the best trades tend to work right away. Because of this, I close out losses very quickly.

2. Let your winners run
Seems obvious right, in reality it’s much harder to get consistent at. Scalping has much higher potential reward than other kinds of trading because you’re often using high leverage to get solid returns off of just a few pips. If you can find a consistent method for letting your winners run, the results can be incredible. I use a confluence of support/resistance, price action and moving averages as a signal to exit a winning trade. Find an exit strategy that works, backtest the hell out of it and go from there.

3. Be emotionally consistent
You have to be very accountable of yourself when scalping, you can take 5 losses in a row in a matter of 30 minutes and get caught in your head. Because of this, I’d say it’s the hardest way to trade. Get in tune with yourself before scalping, I made the mistake of jumping into the markets and not thinking about my psychology far too many times and have paid the price.

4. Keep spreadsheets of ALL of your trades
Record the entry time, exit time, percentage return, position size, how you felt about the trade, and insert screenshots. You can take screenshots on your computer and upload them to a free site called Screencast, this website will then give you a URL link of your screenshot that you can paste into your spreadsheet. Spreadsheets allow you to review your trades in an objective fashion to transform your trading. This has been an absolute game-changer for me.

5. Stick to only a few currency pairs or even just one
I personally only trade EURUSD with my system, that isn’t to say that my system won’t work on other currency pairs, it is first and foremost about not getting over-stimulated by having to trade several currency pairs.

Hope this helps! I know first-hand how difficult it can be to scalp the markets, but there are ways to do it effectively that all too often don’t get talked about.

8 Likes

Great one @Dry032 ^^ Thank you for sharing :beers::beers::beers:
But atm currencies are next to zero profit . I won’t bet my moneys on them . I look at at gbp usd . They own me 20k , and im willing to get them bk . I will , just waiting for the click. Do not forget Usd is the base currencie and cable is just fuking around . But when it falls, it falls bad . Then gbp will go bk because always fall right . Like a cat. Times are changing, trading is changing. Atm all sharks are on , to make moneys. Traders as me an you will be wiped out. When they decide to get out off us , no more love …reason play small, this is the time , risk less . Make some moneys. Notice: i spk just about my experience, i don’t give advice. I noticed everyone spks in very technical terms , but not about them real treading.

1 Like

John I am always keen on your helpful posts and I love your tradenephites site, but how do you make sense of this:

Seems to me that before finding a strategy that works and that you can stick to, you need to spend the time (months or years) to tweak. Isn’t the fact that it finally clicked for you a result of tweaking here and there? For what seemed like eternity?
I admit I am in the tweaking phase, and I hope it does not delay me too long but I stick to what works best so far… and on the side I keep tabs on paper of slightly different strategies for the same trades, like alternative ways to set SL or TP, or not setting TP at all etc.
Thanks for your experienced input.

1 Like