How do you know you’re ready to trade FULL-TIME?

Oh wow. :open_mouth: I don’t think I can ever become a full-time trader. :open_mouth: I feel like making it my full-time thing would take out all the fun in it, and add so much pressure to it. :frowning: I’m not strong enough to handle that, but I super duper admire everyone who are trading full-time! :smiley:

3 Likes

Are you self taught or learned through a course or mentor?

Hi @samewise,

I read books and learned through the course on Babypips. The resource from Babypips is very helpful. One of my reading books are: Naked Forex, One good trade, 7 Winning Strategies for Trading Forex,…

2 Likes

Who is the author of that? Thanks for sharing!

Perhaps I’m not truly qualified to answer because I am not trading full-time; however, I wanted to add an additional aspect to the question. “How can I get to the point where “trading full time” means only trading 30-90 minutes p/day, and yet that is enough to sustain my financial needs?”

2 Likes

Mostly those who pretend they do that are BS’ing - :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

brutal bro’ and they troll at that

I think you must have a substantial dataset that implies you have any reason to be considering casting away the safety net of normal income. Are you funded or do you have the capital to produce a decent amount of money on your bad months? Do you have back up funds for the dry months as they will occur? Certainly a lot to consider. Also the psychology shift of having trading becoming your main source of income could throw you right off your game.

2 Likes

Bravo!!! That’s what I call focused!

Very inspiring!! Great job!!!

2 Likes

Personal finance books talk about having emergency funds for six months’ worth of expenses. But that’s when you have a job and predictable income.

I think it’s wise to save up an emergency fund, AND also save up for the next year’s expenses. So if your yearly expenses are $50k, then save up $50k + an emergency fund.

$50k would be like a salary and you can budget each month like a paycheck. Sure, it’s difficult, but it’s a good way to be safe. Then, every year your profits go towards your next year’s salary. If you have a bad 3 month period, then you have 9 months to prepare for next year’s reduced salary.

1 Like

When you start making consistent profits in a demo account and can handle even the complex trades, that’s the time you know that you are ready.

3 Likes

Actually, trading result matters! If your trading result is so consistent, then surely you are ready for the full time!

2 Likes

Make that 12 months minimum. 6 months is really short…

Absolutely, common sense!

successful trading is boring but it makes money. Repeating the same approach to allow the statistical edge to play out.

1 Like

Get some capital to make higher unit trades. Use a prop firm, FTMO or My Forex Funds. Trading 3 standard lots(300,000 units) is nice money for 20-30 pips a day, and if you perfect your entries you should be able to do that kind of income generation. Should be 20 pips a day easily and quickly somewhere in the forex markets… you just have to find them, and get as good an entry as you can. I like London session on GJ

2 Likes

Yeah, but I see a number of new traders judge their trading skill too early! They open their live account after 2-3 consistent TP; although it’s not quite enough!

1 Like

There are a few things you can do to make sure you’re ready to trade full-time. First, make sure that you have the experience and knowledge needed to trade successfully. Next, make sure that you are prepared to commit time to trading. Finally, be patient and consistent with your trading practice.

If you’re disciplined, you’re ready. One of the most important things you can do to succeed in forex trading is to stay disciplined. If you allow yourself to get drawn in by the excitement of the market, you will likely make poor decisions that will lead to losses. Be patient and stick to your plan, and you will be sure to make profits in the long run.

1 Like

2-3 is that, Take profits? (TP)