How does price really move?

Have you ever wondered how price move? Price doesn’t move cause a trader draws a trendline on the chart, price doesn’t know a trendline is there. Why is it that 99% of traders lose in the market and 1% win in the market.

Ever wondered who the 1% are? The educational content available to the public are put out there purposely and are designed to make people who study them lose. Everything is manipulated and if everything is manipulated, the market will be highly manipulated because these guys don’t joke with their money.

The reason i am saying this is cause i know how i strugggled when i traded trendlines, support and resistance and all. Don’t get me wrong, if it didn’t work for me, it doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. Stick to what works for you.

We use these retail concepts to know what the market makers will do cause the market is manipulative and i am sure you guys have seen many failed trendline example here that we always get a trade after the trendline is raided.

These concepts are subjective and ambigious but what we trade is objective and we can go through our failed and successful trades and explain why it was a failed or successful trade and we can also go through a retail concept trader trades and tell why it played out the way it did, but we couldn’t do this when we traded retail concepts.

What are your thoughts about how price move?

Paragraph spacing helps.
Price moves because someone hits the bid or the ask clearing out a limit order. It’s not a mystery… :slight_smile:

Actually, I don’t think anyone has the slightest idea why price moves as it does - other than paying lip service to mass psychology.

In all my years of trading, I have never ever come across a reason why all these lines on charts, support resistance etc work.

I know they work, but still waiting for that one definitive explanation.

Sure partly brokers, partly because we are all following the same thing.

Could it be the pull of the moon, or some other mysterious life force - in a like way that a flock of birds can all change direction at the same time perhaps?

If anyone can actually recommend to me a book that suitably explains all this I would be very grateful.

I for one don’t think it’s because ‘all the dealers are manipulating the market’

2 Likes

Found a good article about that.

Forex Trading - How and Why Prices Really Move

And copied this from one of the user answers from stackexchange

According to Soros in “The Alchemy of Finance”, exchange rates fluctuations are mostly influenced by:

1. speculators expectations (if they expect the currency to appreciate they will buy it)

2.Interest rate differentials (aka “carry trade”); higher interest rate attract speculators which strengthen the currency

3.balance of trade (deficit weakens the currency)

P.S - I still don’t have a clear idea too, and I’d love to know more about too, Still searching more about it, If I come upon a good explanation I’ll add that too.

1 Like

I dont understand why babypips does not allow people to come on here and offer positions on a trading firm. Every time I try to recruit people, they block my account. We should be able to network as much as we want and build teams and yes talk in a more private way.

I wish I could tell you what I do on a daily basis to capture profits. I wont post it on a public forum, and I’m not allowed to ask you all to contact me privately so whats the overall point of this website? Is it to share limited versions of our systems or is it to allow people to create nice narratives during their development as a trading company?

The next step after this is usually people getting scammed. So I agree dont advertise stuff if you cant discuss it on babypips.

Then you are of no use to anyone using Babypips. You should delete your posts, delete your babypips account and continue capturing your profits in private.

5 Likes

I’m aware of George Soro’s reflexivity theory, and it certainly makes a lot of sense - how market action can actually effect the fundamentals.

But you list some of the fundamental reasons why participants do what they do, but why do all these technical patterns actually work?

Why do we see head and shoulders, V bottoms, cup and handles, why do prices hug trendlines and moving averages?

Why do my simple trading strategies work (not all that time - lol).

Nearly twenty years in the market and I am still clueless as to why.

2 Likes

Use Trade Journal here at Babypips and show everyone your Journey. That’s the only way to show you’re real.

Then you are hiding something. If you can’t show the community how you do it, they you’re not doing it at all and just another scammer trying to scam people.

The main purpose here at babypips as I understand is

1. To give traders, especially new ones to learn very basics from School of Pipsology. There’s nowhere else that gives you a complete guide for newbies like this, Nothing is complete like this

2. Make a community of traders to discuss their experiences. Like showing how they trade from using a Trade Journal, (to show other how well you do you can actually use this, then you can go for recruiting)

1 Like

I dont understand why people who know nothing just post here like they are professional hedge fund managers. ‘Price’ is not alive, it is not something that moves by itself. You talk like ‘price’ is a living being that can see and breath and feel lol.

Your comment ‘price doesnt know a trendline is there’ is to be polite just pure ignorance on your part at best. At worst, it’s something you’ve heard or learnt from a scammer Or you’re working your way to scam. It’s just a BS comment you hear on YouTube or Instagram. At this moment, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Basic explanation: The market consists of buyers and sellers. When the buyers buy more than the sellers, price moves up. When sellers sell more than the buyers, price moves down. The reason they buy and sell: fundamentals, technicals, sentiment, hedging.

Price cant see a trendline but the buyers and sellers can. Price doesnt know brexit happened, the buyers and sellers in the market do. When they buy or sell then price moves. If price is approaching a previous low, the algorithms/buyers/sellers can all see that. Price movement is a reflection of their actions.

The reason your trade was successful or failed has NOTHING to do with why you took the trade. Its outcome is based on buyers and sellers in the market. You have to trade your edge and on a longer timescale the probabilities are that your edge will be profitable. I recommend you read/ watch any material by mark douglas before you start trying to talk down any retail/ technical strategy.

Oh and it’s more like 70-80% lose. Since ESMA brokers give this data for free. Not 99%. Like I said, something you hear on social media to grab everyones attention.

@tradeforex077 And yet the biggest players in the market were or still are fundamental guys, most of whom still think trendlines are hocus pocus.

I get your point, and agree in part, but rice markets 400 years ago moved in trendlines, as did tulips - long before trendlines were ever watched.

Me thinks some strange is a foot.

1 Like

The only way to get scammed is by paying money. Just dont ever pay for anything and you’re fine. I dont understand why babypips has to hold your fearful hands while meeting other traders on here. I built my team by contacting random people on trading forums, I just wish I could continue building without being blocked constantly for the fear of potential scams. Its stupid, let the adults network and build powerful collaborations.

As for me not posting my intellectual property on here. Yea sorry not going to happen and the fact that you think you’re right about this topic tells me you have nothing to hide which means you have nothing of value. The greatest traders regularly hand out non disclosure agreements. But you wouldnt know anything about that because you’re a bitter forum lurker that never figured it out. I feel bad for you.

I recruit traders from everywhere I can. University campuses, different social websites, on the street occasionally. Not selling anything. Im saying there has to be a better way to discourage the scammers without hindering genuine networking efforts.

If you’re not curious about what secrets my team wittholds from the public space, then you have already given up and you are the one that should delete not only your babypips account but your broker accounts and stick to being a pathetic slave. There is a key to this business, one simple concept that opens your eyes and lets you capture profits consistently and with ease. Its not years of experience or a slow skill development…its is a piece of information. Clicking the buy or sell button over and over does not require skill. Like I said consistently capture profits at will all day long requires knowing a key piece of data. Good luck figuring it out. Losers.

And yes I talk to my team this way to get them to wake up and stop wanting to be spoon fed. Most people or so pathetic, its sad.

You should rethink the notion that you’re a leader. Anyone who conducts themselves this way has much more learning to do than leading.

I believe it works cause the algorithm is engineered to deliver price that way so they can later on manipulate it. If you trade these concepts and price has ever stopped you out and went in your direction, then I believe you just experienced it without knowing. There are ways the market really deliver. Algorithmic trading.

haha. thanks. I believe there’s an algorithm that delivers price

If there was, or there wasn’t what difference does it make to the development of your strategy? The price is the price.

I have watched Mark Douglas and I am not talking down on retail strategy, I said if it works for you then it’s good.

And the way you said price moves isn’t the way it moves. There’s an algorithm. It’s controlled. Do you think these big players and elites will put their money into something that they don’t know the outcome. Lmaoo man are you kidding me.

I want you to partake in this exercise with me. Post a chart of a successful and failed trade and tell me why it was a successful and a failed trade and I will also do the same. And I will show you scenarios where heads and shoulders, trendiness and all was purposely engineered and it looked so good and then it failed. Let’s go.

It really does make a difference. Trust me on this. Every price that delivers Is controlled to the pip.

at the end of everything, I think its all psychology, as long as you have your edge and it works. then its all good. But that wasn’t enough for me, I really wanted to know more. haha

I want to make sure I understand. You believe each of us receives our own customized quote at any given time, so it can be manipulated to trick us when we think we have a trade setup? Do I have that right?

Lol how did george soros lose 1billion on betting that trump wouldnt win the election then? You think institutions only trade when they know the outcome? Who are you talking about when you think the ‘elite’ do this? Does George soros count in this ‘elite’?

In your original post you’re talking about price not knowing trendlines. Now you’re talking about algorithms. For someone who says such basic things you’re now going into more advanced material.

Again I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not a scammer trying to sell the ‘holy grail’. There is an interbank fx market including algorithm but it and individual trading desks trade the same way, which is looking for liquidity. For price to show willingness to move higher it needs to find liquidity and then reach for other higher or lower liquidity pools. This is not a secret. The market moves where it wants and looks for and uses liquidity to deliver price.

Of course all patterns are purposely engineered. What do you think is being engineered? Its orders, liquidity, your stops. Who do you think is engineering it? You think algorithms develop themselves?

I dont really understand why you guys act like scammers. Just be transparent and say what you want to say, rather than later start talking about interbank algorithms like it’s a big secret that you alone have discovered. You couldve mentioned that in your 1st post. Rather than using a cheap marketing technique.