How does the value in column "Change %" derive?

You’re Welcome mate, i do things when i get a chance to do them

@just.srad
well, that’s easy

THE SIGNIFANCE OF CHANGE% is… like this

you decide on what direction you are trading in BUY or SELL
so… if you are BUYING and the change is 0% , well then… you wouldn’t buy
now if the change because something like - 10% you wouldn’t buy, this would be more appropriate if you were selling
and if the change then went down another -10% you would not buy
because this is telling you that the price is dropping

then, let’s say you noticed the price went up again
well, now you would BUY

the CHANGE % is just what it says
it’s an indication of the CHANGE or VARIATION % of the price relative to the previous price

IT’S UP TO YOU TO DETERMINE WHY THE PREVIOUS PRICE IS RELEVANT TO YOU

now. some people care
some people don’t give two tosses
some people simply pay attention to the movement in price and don’t really care for the % figure

me Personally, i used to use it, i now use HA Candles and i don’t see the point in using the change % anymore

but, that’s me
the significance is to show upward or downward movement and the strength of that movement
so if you got a reading of 10% then it shot up to 50%
you would know that there was suddenly a lot of buying pressure

does that help ?

It has a Zero significance.

@just.srad
let me make a note here
and i want to be as respectful to @3Bar as possible so there are no misunderstandings.

1. Even though i completely agree with 3Bar (Generally Speaking)… Who gives a Rats about Change %
    and truth be told when @Tracer88 was asking about it , my first thought was “why do you care at all ?” even though i didn’t say it.
    so yeah i agree (Generally speaking) there is no significance

but

1. Technically speaking, There is SOME LEVEL of significant, but… ASSUMING IT IS SIGNIFICANT TO THE TRADER

this is why i answered the question to begin with
because, even though knowing the Change % makes no difference to my trading, and dare i say to 3Bar’s trading either.

Perhaps it does in some way make a difference to your trading and the trading of Tracer8

so Mathematically speaking, there is some significance to it, BUT IT DEPENDS ON YOU WHETHER IT IS SIGNIFICANT

its’ like saying
is Pi = 3.1415 significant

well. it depends
if you’re an average person, then No, you don’t give 2 shits
if you’re a mathematician that uses Pi everyday to calculate critical things then it’s very significant
if your a math teacher that teaches it once a year, then it’s somewhat to very mildly significant but not really a biggie

so whether CHANGE % is significant DEPENDS ON YOU AND WHETHER KNOWING THIS ACTUALLY HELPS YOU

also
it is true that in forex you will be bombarded with so much useless BS it’s not funny
and when people are beginners they tend to think that these things are somehow useful

IT’S ALL A LEARNING PROCESS

my advice is this
TEST IT… if it works for you and helps you be profitable, then use it
if it doesn’t… ignore it

1 Like

Thanks for your reply once again.

I believe it has be to useful and that’s the reason it is there in the first place.

I agree with you
You’re welcome