How has trading changed your personality?

i am guessing you have lost a lot of money in the past? or maybe it is the opposite? that you have gained a lot of money? what happened and changed?

@naruto98

Iā€™m generally not that bad when it comes to controlling the emotions.

However that was not always the case.

Stillā€¦

I have done some psychotherapy - which helped.

I have been a very bad trader, which ironically helped me become at least an Ok trader.

Iā€™ve always had an interest interest in esoteric wisdom which emphasizes we are NOT our thoughts

Im lucky enough to live in a country where people donā€™t usually go mental over the slightest infraction (and itā€™s rubbed off).

Finally Iā€™m a natural risk taker anyway.

We can change who we are inside , but it does take time.

I

1 Like

Made me a lot more patient. LOL. I donā€™t panic anymore seeing the proce fluctuate, i instead sit back, analyse, calculate and then move my money and trades.

I have lost real money but emotions no longer take over me.

1 Like

Forex trading gave me a reason to leave my 9-5 job that was not getting anything more than frustration in my life. I started as a part-time trader but after one year when I was already making some profits in the market, I left my job forever and have been trading forex full time since then.

1 Like

Losing moneyā€™s a part and parcel of this trade. But yeah in general, Iā€™ve become more patient, curious, and yeah my mindā€™s more active. Not saying that Iā€™m all happy and calm when I lose (thatā€™ll be sheer bluff). I do get irritated, get sad, and feel low at times, but Iā€™ve found a solution to the problem, and thatā€™s meditating.

1 Like

When I started trading forex, I was working as an engineer and would trade after my shift in the beginning. But when I started making profits, I left my job and since then, I have been trading full-time. I learnt to be calm and patient to be able to accept everything that comes my way.

1 Like

A forex trader understands the importance of money and time management. Forex trading also makes a trader patient

1 Like

I know I have a skill that over 99% of the world cannot do.

I can literally make my money make me more money in real time. Whenever I want.

Millionaires I know are jealous of the fact I can trade and have a 90% win rate and get a 30% ROI in a few weeks.

1 Like

It definitely does and I realized the discipline and patience are the most important traits that every trader should posses in order to be successful. Now, I patiently wait for great entries and exits rather than messing around with my trades.

1 Like

Forex trading is a type of business that will require a lot of efforts from the traders.

i dont think millionaires are actually jealous of you

1 Like

I guess you are going to promote your signals or your managing skills etc to scam innocent people out here.

lol not a chance.

What are the markets you are trading basically and with what investments? If you trading the forex market, then what is strategy that you are following?

I mainly trade EUR/AUD, AUD/JPY, EUR/USD, EUR/CAD, GBP/JPY.

I am a price action trader, as I have said in several posts, most notably my trading journal.

1 Like

We all went through that feeling. Practice more not only to learn but also to build confidence with your strategy. Itā€™s a matter of getting used to it. Eventually, slowly it will be reduced.

Alright, I am also following price action trading strategy on one of my accounts. It is going great so far. Most of the traders fail when they fall to false market signals and ruin the trades. I am staying cautious and trading well. Trend is our friend mate. :slight_smile: