How is liquidity works on different brokers?

Let’s assume that I have 2 trading accounts, one on Broker X and one on Broker Y. I’m going to trade a single pair, let’s say USDCHF (Market Execution).

Case:
I opened a buy position of 100 lots on Broker X. They executed 50 lots of my orders at 0.9500 and 50 lots at 0.9510.
A couple seconds later, I opened a trade with similar position and lot size on Broker Y.

Question:
Will Broker Y start executed my order at 0.9500 or will they continue the move made on Broker X and start at 0.9520?

n.b: Assume that the OHLC and spread are exactly the same on both brokers.

Thanks in advance.

When liquidity is supplied to a pool, the liquidity provider (LP) receives special tokens called LP tokens in proportion to the amount of liquidity it has supplied to the pool.

So, does it mean that Broker X start executed my trade at 0.9520?

i dont think it is fixed that this is gonna happen, the next trade should open at the current price be it 0.9510 or 0.9500

Maybe you’re asking about liquidity of each broker independent of the other. Have a read.

1 Like

Liquidity is considered to be the degree to which security could be quickly sold or purchased in the market at a price reflecting its current value. Liquidity in finance refers to the ease with which security or an asset can be converted into cash at market price.

The price that your orders are filled is based on the quotes that each broker streams to you.

And those quotes depend on where the broker sources them from.

More details can be found in our lesson, Where Does the Forex Broker’s Price Come From?

1 Like