How long before you move your stop loss to BE or better on a profitable trade?

lol, it’s one of those “i wish i’d said that” moments … but threads like this one do restore my faith and confidence in the forum, to some extent, though i’m saying that before it fills with all the mandatory ‘bot contributions,’ of course :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just figured it out and you gave me the motivation to investigate. You can actually click “Stop loss” to get another dropdown option for Trailing Stop! It was there the entire time.

Thanks so much for making me take a second look!

1 Like

Though I must add that consistent trends in forex are not that common. A better place to run pyramiding tactics is when following a US stock market index uptrend. That’s where I have made most money with least anxiety when pyramiding.

There are a couple different strategies being talked about. Some good stuff in there.

That is a monster SL!

1 Like

That’s how you stay in the game.

Are you a purely TA type of trader?

Are you still trading this?

Yes I am, 100%

No, because I work full time it doesn’t work with my schedule, unfortunately. I do think there’s potential there though.

I thought this was like an EOD type system. Were you trying to open your positions before EOD?

1 Like

Trying to think now…I don’t say much about opening them in the OP, but I believe the idea was to close the open positions then open new positions around the EOD.

That could certainly be modified to opening them a few hours after the NY close since there’s generally little volume at that time.

Perhaps I need to revisit this at some point.

Haha yea I get that way trying out different strategies. Plenty to choose from. I think I’ll give yours a deeper look. Thanks!