How long did it take you to trade live?

If you have a simple and effective strategy, you should be consistently profitable - at long-term trading - within 1-2 months, and you should then go live. If you can’t learn a long-term trading strategy within 2 days and become consistent within 2 months, its the wrong strategy.

Investing with real money can be a challenging task. Forex e-books, audio books, You Tube videos, etc. are various learning tools that can help a trader to attain acquaintance with the basic ideas of trading. But in today’s trading life, a forex trader must employ sufficient time in his demo account.

Great; just go for it with a long term plan! Keep practicing until you are happy on your trading performances.

1 Like

Given the fact that the market environment changes all the time, I think it’s important to understand what your goals are when you are trading a demo account. What worked for the past x amount of months might not work when you go live.

1 Like

From my experience trading on demo was not same as on live account.

There was different emotions involved in live trading.
Because when I have lost my real money or earned some money when I close trade on live account that was real feeling how it is to open and close trade.

If you have 100 000 units of currency on demo account and you open a trade with 1 pip change equal to 10 000 is not same opening it on real account. If You are on real account you will pay attention to open a trade that will not blow your account with 10 pip movement in wrong direction :).

Some one said to invest 1000 U.S.$ and try to open a trade with 1 pip equal to 1$ and play. You will be long enough in the market even it goes against you. This way you will experience how is it to lose and to earn money by trading on Forex market.

3 Likes

Hello Mike, this is well appreciated, still having a learning curve am passing through but it’s great to know there are people here who really wanna help. I am sure putting in the work, studying and demo trading at same time.

1 Like

My suggestion… learn one entry and exit, master that one entry until you can do it on all time frames… with good success… and then attempt live account.

Do not try to master every concept and lesson, you need only one valid entry that you master.

You may always need to practice and refine your skill.

After many years at this game, I still do replay several times a week to see what I can improve.

Again. one entry that you have mastered…!

Honestly, I never really left demo trading. I use both Forexchief demo and live accounts and I always go back there to test out and practice more if am unsure of how to apply something new.

Yea price action zones show you how support and resistance reacts when certain zones are touched. Candlestick analysis also work along with w/e you learn…I started 2 yrs ago but I’ve been educating myself since October every single day along with a friends. I used my demo from Oct to December and I went live and lost $500. Moral of the story I’ve gotten better I created another demo with on Feb 5th with $3000 and made it up to $23,700. Do stay focus.its a lot of info on here and YouTube. Train your eye to see certain patterns in price zones. I’m 34 so I know your mind should be a bit swift. Stay patient and keep the emotions out . Bless up my guy respect.

4 Likes

Also for extra encouragement my friends started live. He’s always been a risk taker he started live Nov. I’ve seen him loose about 60,000 but this week he made over $600,000+. Respect the process. I’ll be going live next week. Just trust the process…educating yourself is your best defense to greater gains… Bless

2 Likes

I will let you know……….

Nice to know your story; thanks mate for sharing with the details.

interesting thread. I will be following this for sure to get tips!

Currently trading live now. Yay!

fab Holly! how long did you demo for?

When you start out day trading or swing trading, or if you want to get into it, you may wonder how long it takes to become a successful trader.

That’s the medicine! New traders need to open at least 500 trades in demo then they should judge their trading skill.

Quite opposite, It sounds way too difficult to me ahah

1 Like

I was (and sometimes still am) the same, but if one wishes to trade they cannot allow themselves to feel intidimidated by it.

That’s true, you should know your enemy’s face :slight_smile: for that, you have to study hard

1 Like