How long did it take you?

How long did it take for you to become a profitable trader?

For me it was about 3-4 months of studying, creating a plan, creating strategies and back testing.

I have a back ground in trading stocks so i think it might have gave me a slight advantage then starting from no trading background.

Took me 14 months to re-coup my very impressive losses and start making money on-top.

it took luck to become profitable trader
it took me 14 years to become constantly profitable trader

I wouldn’t still call myself very profitable. Hoping to get there.

Are you a part-time or full-time trader?

It took me about a year to become a profitable trader. I started out by demo trading, and once I felt confident in my abilities, I started trading with real money. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, but I learned from them and eventually became profitable.

As a forex trader, I would say it took me about 2 years to become profitable maybe 3.

I read about forex trading concepts for a couple of weeks. Once I started reading charts, I began to demo trade. I practised on demo trading for six-eight months, then I moved to live trading. It has been a year and two months. I am finally making some profits.

I was profitable from the start, had a lucky series of trades go my way that snowballed.

Over six years later, good and bad trades happen. Bankroll management is very important.

This is a skill that you can learn from a lot of other areas, like poker too. Why I am a good poker player.

You have to play the percentages.

Trading the market probability is a key concept that most of the bad traders who make up the losing 95%+ group lack.

I am still new. Hope to be profitable soon.

As a forex trader, it took me roughly 2 to 3 years to become profitable.

Before joining forex trading, I had some knowledge of stocks, which helped me a bit. Once I cleared forex concepts, I joined demo trading for a while before trading live, however I am yet to work on my consistency.