How long does it take for a beginner to start making profits?

When I started demo trading and had all the fantasies, fears and hopes in my head I was absorbing everything I could because I felt it was " a must" , then I heard that the way forward was to keep things simple, well until I “realized” I was complicating things , I didn’t get it …

And all the months of demo trading flew out the window as soon as I went live …
yes you do get an intellectual understanding of what to do and how to risk , blah , blah … but until you have real money on line it doesn’t truly sink in …

It’s all in your head, really … I know as soon as you sort out your head on the matter, you’ll make profits …

how much profits ? well that’s when it becomes a numbers thing … what do you need to make ? how much can you risk to achieve it ? are you comfortable knowing you could lose that money as easily as you could make it ?
( that doesn’t mean you “will” lose it ) …

until you start trading for real everything I’ve said will seem like bull**** …
( i speak from personal experience)

you can do it , but will you ?

whatever you can start with , go ahead and do it … there is no grail (outside of yourself)

:wink:

That is very true. I was only making a point that “most” people lose patience trading .01/pip because they get very impatient not seeing results that are actually there, just a smaller number. If a system doesn’t work at .01 a pip it certainly won’t work at $1 a pip. I demo’d for months using my $5000 staring balance because that what I knew I would open a real account with.

Topgun