How long should my note be in one babypips lesson?

How long should my note be in one babypips lesson ? I tend to copy some main points but it took about 2.5 A4 paper for one lesson in the preschool session

There is no one length for your notes since all the lessons aren’t of equal length. Also you should note what is important to you, this shouldn’t be limited by a random page length. But in the end, focus more on understanding what is being taught and applying and practicing that knowledge.

I remember from university that I took a lot of notes in the beginning, but it never helped actually studying for the tests, since it took way too much time, was too much information and after all the least amount was really relevant. What did help was practicing.

4 Likes

its a fine reply with good description, thanks for your nice post

1 Like

I have 1000+ notes. This is not from Babypips though. However a good trader does not put a limit to his/her notes.

3 Likes

Wtf are you keeping note for. You just need to keeping practicing everyday. Trade on a demo account. You only need to keep a trading journal on your laptop or something. Whatever note you keep paper will be useless if you don’t practice every day on a demo account. You are not learning to write an exam, you want to put your knowledge to work and make money.

1 Like

We absorb learning and studying techniques at school etc. Forget those in real world situations. Its more efficient to identify what you must understand, rather than just learning everything there is to know.

For example, if you want to be able to drive from A to B, a school educational course for this would probably start with the history of wheeled vehicles and the internal combustion engine, with notes, diagrams and a classroom environment. In fact what you need to understand is how do I get into the car, how do I start it, how do I steer it and how do I stop it.

2 Likes

It really depends on how you intend to evolve as a trader. If you end up taking a route that relies on Price Action & Smart Money Concepts, then you might feel there’s a lot of redundant information in the BP course.

If you intend to develop a more traditional approach combining sentiment and fundamentals over time, like these guys, then it makes a lot of sense to retain as much of the information you’re reading in the course.

In that case, taking notes might be very inefficient (subjective opinion). I personally switched to a flashcard memory retention tool called Anki (used mostly by Med students/language learners). Because I’m unable to practice/exercise what I learnt at the moment. It helps retain key information that I’d otherwise forget. Also useful if you want to study or read up on other areas that you think might help you as a trader in the long run. In my case statistics and macroeconomics.

The downsides to the flashcard memory retention is you have to spend some time understanding how to operate a new app and there’s a learning curve there also. But it’s a small downside if you intend to learn and continuously develop over time as a trader/individual.

Two other methods that help with memory retention are:

1. Reading up on stuff that’s a step higher and explains concepts in more detail. While you’re trying your hard to process the later information the lessons from the BP course automatically start to click in and cement itself over time. For me it was Currency Trading for Dummies.
  2. Answer questions and participate in forum discussions. When you’re forced to explain certain concepts to other people you’re forced to re-examine what you know from the perspective of their questions and knowledge base.
1 Like