How Long To Hold?

even when trading 1:1 (no leverage), you still need a stoploss and risk to reward is still a thing.

is that correct?

Hi,
No, that is not correct. You do not need a stop loss because when you do not use leverage, you need to be prepared to lose 100% of your stake. For conventional Forex trading, that makes no sense at all. At the other extreme, if you decide to hold gold for 30 years, you buy the underlying commodity and sell it. In the old days the fees for holding and insurance were excessive. Today, this is not the case.

Same with crypto. You can hold crypto entirely off-exchange and there is no cost of holding. Food for thought

enjoy and merry xmas.

This is key to me. Gaining experience faster. Swing and position trading will make the learning process that much slower. Depending on your commitment level and the amount of time available to put towards trading, it could take days and weeks to get any sizeable amount of trades under your belt, at which time you might lose interest in trading all together. You’ll have to balance that potential waning interest if your losses mount and you don’t feel like you’re progressing or learning anything for that matter, with maybe spending more time trading at lower time frames and getting that experience now. I believe this is why new traders gravitate towards the D1 charts. It’s a happy middle ground.

1 Like

I think the strategy you end up using will depend on your level of experience trading style and broker . For example holding traders for days and weeks with swap charges can be costly, But also to many ins and out from scalping can lead to high comission.

I don’t think so, price of an asset should drop 70% or go up by 70% to trigger a stop out on your position. This is extremely unlikely