How long to stay in demo?

There is no fixed time. Trade as much as you want and need. The purpose of demo trading is to build a well-tested trading system. So, at the end of day, you should be accomplishing that.

Forex doesn’t only want trading knowledge from you, it also wants two major qualities including patience and satisfaction.

What kind of quality is satisfaction? :open_mouth:

There is no specific time frame for how long a trader should stay in a demo account. It ultimately depends on the individual trader’s goals and needs. Some traders may find it helpful to stay in a demo account for a longer period of time, particularly if they are new to trading or want to test out different strategies. Other traders may prefer to move to a live account more quickly, particularly if they feel confident in their trading skills and risk management strategies. It is advisable for traders to stay in a demo account for as long as they feel is necessary to build their skills and knowledge, and to feel comfortable with their trading approach.

Look, I’ve heard stories about traders that started to trade on a demo account and stayed there forever. It was like an Inception limbo that you can never escape.

Jokes aside, a demo account is a powerful tool to explore the trading conditions and some unfamiliar features of the broker. but it is heavily overused by the majority of traders. And it’s pretty overrated too.
I don’t have too much experience in trading in general, and maybe some veterans would correct me in my fallacies; but I believe you shouldn’t spend too much time on a demo.
Switch to the live account with a small deposit ASAP.

The length of time to stay in a demo account varies depending on the individual trader’s needs and goals. However, it is generally recommended to spend at least a few months, if not longer, in a demo account before transitioning to live trading. This will give the trader enough time to test their strategies, develop their skills, and gain a better understanding of the markets. It also allows the trader to become comfortable with the platform and tools, and to make any necessary adjustments to their approach. Additionally, a demo account is a great way to practice risk management and to build discipline and patience, which are essential for successful trading.

Yooo what’s sup my guy.

Everyone answer is going be different. Use the demo to learn the buttons in the App & learn the broker spreads. Also test out some strategies you want to use . Open a real account with like $100 and just risk small amounts & learn in the real market , because that demo has no emotions behind it & the Demo always seem “Smoother” . If you really want to learn how to trade you gotta lose money , go through ups & downs , Learn how to control your emotions. & the main thing is learn Consistency before you deposit large amounts .

The length of time to stay in a demo account depends on your individual goals and needs. A demo account is a simulated trading environment that allows you to practice trading without risking real money.

If you are new to trading and want to learn how to use a trading platform, you may want to stay in a demo account for several weeks or even months. During this time, you can experiment with different strategies, test your knowledge, and develop your skills without risking any real money.

If you are an experienced trader and just want to try out a new trading platform, you may only need to stay in a demo account for a few days or a week. During this time, you can evaluate the platform’s features and functionality, and decide if it is a good fit for your trading style.

Ultimately, the length of time you stay in a demo account is up to you. The goal is to use the demo account as a tool to help you become a more confident and successful trader, and to help you make informed decisions about your trading activities.

The duration of your demo account usage is a personal decision that depends on your learning pace and objectives. A demo account is a valuable tool for traders to test strategies, familiarize themselves with new platforms, and refine their skills. Some traders may choose to use a demo account for just a few days to quickly evaluate a new platform, while others may use it for several weeks or months to thoroughly practice and master new techniques. The key is to stay in the demo account for as long as it serves your individual needs and helps you reach your desired level of trading proficiency.

This is something that you have to decide on your own. You are the master of your own trades, so you will need to think about whether you are ready to go live or stay in the demo.

Demo accounts help new traders to easily get familiar with the whole process without risking a real money. You are provided virtual funds which you can spend as you like, and the main idea is to prepare for real money trading in the future. Hence, as soon as you are 100% ready for the real thing, only then you have to start using your own funds.

When I first started trading, I did my own research and watched many trading tutorials, and finally opened a demo account with two brokers, fxview and IG, to test out my trading criteria with their conditions. I ended up going live with fxview because they have the lower commission and spreads look much tighter. So this can be a good approach. But you should continue the demo until you are satisfied.

I stayed for 2 months but the duration depends on trader to trader. So, it is better to go live whenever you are ready.

Stick to demo trading as long as you stay on the market. It will help you enhance your trading knowledge.

It is recommended to stay in a demo trading account for at least a few weeks or months before transitioning to a live account. This allows you to practice and familiarize yourself with the trading platform, test your strategies, and gain experience without risking real capital. However, the appropriate duration depends on your prior knowledge, comfort level, and learning pace.

I think that it is necessary for at least 3 months of successful trading on a demo account to pass before opening a real account. For many, it takes even longer because the trading strategy is not working very well and needs to be adjusted and improved. But when you manage to trade profitably within three months, then you can try to take risks on Forex with your real money.

The duration in demo trading before transitioning to a live account varies for each person. It depends on achieving consistent profitability and mastering strategies. Assess your readiness and comfort level with executing trades before switching to live trading.

It would be more useful to read this book before working on the demo.
The Richest Man in Babylon, George S. Clason