How many accounts have you lost to the hustle

So I blew my 3rd$100 account. The year started well, then greed, lack of risk management, and the inability tbtrade my plan, after I’ve planned for XAUUSD over the months. I’m happy, because, I am sure, that I have learnt from my mistakes, and I intend not repeatedly making the same mistake.

That’s why there are paper-trading accounts?
“They” always say "don’t risk more then you can afford to lose!"
I think, at least this time, “they” are right?!

Lol. Yes boss. I’ve learnt that.

I’ve never blown up an account but I have given back serious gains. I made 300% in 3 days on a long EURUSD trade back in 2014, and gave it all back on a short AUDUSD trade about a week later.

The problem was thinking those 300% profits were “house money” and getting insanely more risky than I normally would have.

The lesson I learned is that there is no such thing as “house money”. There are only 2 types of money, “my money” and “my money”. With that mindset I stay totally mechanical with my risk, never risking more or less, regardless of how far up or down my account is.

Kurgman seems to be a very reasonable person here in this forum with the lovely name babypips. By reading some of his post I came to the conclusion I am exactly the opposite of him.
Over 20 years ago I lost several times in a row all my money. Once I entered the stock market in the morning and I was washed out before the closing bell. I was really a great trader :slight_smile:

But of course I became better: After such a horrible experience I decided not to suffer again all day long. So my next try: I made a trade shortly after the opening bell and I was kicked out after 90 minutes.
I shorted EBAY :muscle:
Those were the days.