How many hours a day are you putting into trading?

I am just taking off Saturday & Sunday! Others 5 day, I am not talking any long break; even I don’t count my spending hours!

I am spending 4 hours each day but with breaks. Cant really focus continuously.

2 Likes

At my peak I was averaging 15-20 hours a week with about 1 hour dedicated to charts, everything else into R&D

2 Likes

Are you practicing demo or doing live trading?

1 Like

I am doing live.

@dudebro I would say a successful trader would need to put in a minimum of 4-5 hours a week and they is no maximum.

However, to awnser your question more accurately- the amount of time you put in is dependent on the time frame that you are trading. To be a daytrader you will have to chart and digest news daily so you will need more free hours per day. To trade of weekly and monthly charts you can study the monthly,weekly and daily charts which of course take longer to form.

A newbie trader will need more hours as they are in a process of developing a system that works for them!

2 Likes

That’s a good distinction to make. Good call.

Man, that’s awesome. Any burnout with that amount of time? How much of that is charting vs reading?

Great answer. Thanks!

Definitely depends on where in your strategy development you are.

1 Like

I guess you are using pending order strategy to grab your entry points; isn’t? Because; only 4 hours with break is a very tiny session!

@LauChoKun How many hours a day are you putting towards trading?

Hi; here I am doing my trading job as a full time trader; so less than 12 hours! Thanks!

Changing my game a lil bit. I spend 2 hours daily between studying, researching and actually trading something nowadays

I dont consider myself a full time trader because I have a full time job but I spend the same amount of time trading if not more.

1 Like

Yeah nowhere near of an aggressive trader.

Right now, since i’m not trading full time but rather doing FOREX as a way to enhance my income, I would put it at around 3-4 hours a day with 90% of that going towards reading, studying and making notes and 10% to actually setting my positions, limits etc.

Sometimes, if i get the chance - I put in a little extra work on the weekends (time & kids permitting).

So does anyone here do live trade as in do the following

1. do your days research
  2. set aside a time period say 14:00 to 16:00 where you will trade based on your research
  3. 16:00 close positions, keeping long-term ones open

is all trading done in a semi automated fashion… set SL and PL and wait for one them to activate

Really intrigued to find out

That’s one of the best if not the ONLY to avoid the pitfalls of overstaying on a position when you know you “should have” left already because “it’s doing so well, why stop now?” - set things on auto so that you don’t lose your pants because you relied on your “gut feeling” instead of trusting your plan!

@Ray316 are you referring to my post

How long have you been doing that @MaydayJane? Great commitment for sure.

I spend a few hours every day researching, it takes me only 15 minutes to review my charts for entries.

Maybe I am addicted. lol

1 Like