How many hours do you spend on charts

Not much time actually. Chart analysis take about 30% of the whole trading time for me. I spend more time on searching the news, analyzing the overall situation on the market and particular assets I am used to trade.
However, the same can’t be stated about scalpers for instance, cuz it seems to me they spend almost 80% of time analyzing the chart, while the rest time is spent on opening multitude of positions daily. I may be wrong, cause I ain’t really savvy in scalping.

1 Like

I completely agree with this sentence because it happened to me as well.

I am also not a scalper and accept your point of view. Spending too much time opening a multitude of positions can’t be logical.

1 Like

Depending on the time frame charts or different pairs I allocate various time on charts. As an example from 2 minutes to 40 minutes.

1 Like

Not too much time . It also happened I analyze a chart in 2 minutes.

2 Likes

It could be an advisable opinion. Thank you man.

1 Like

most of my day, but it doesnt mean I am trading mostly.

You mean the majority of the time when trading. Right?

Actually if you understand chart, you don’t have to spend hours rather only some second are enough to predict the flow of the market.

For chart understanding, not much times is needed rather I take some seconds to view the chart and make decision.

Your ability to quickly interpret charts and make decisions demonstrates your proficiency and experience in chart analysis.

I look at chart as part of market analysis and in total market analysis, I spend at least one to one and half hours.

In the very first step, I used to spend more time analyzing and checking on demo accounts. However, I got a bit disappointed after a while, maybe spending three days a week on it. Now, I’ve adjusted my approach, and I check the charts every 1 to 2 hours, depending on the time frame I’m using

I think that other people have a similar situation because beginners spend more time studying charts than experts do.

Yes, and also, I consider this an analytical method and was curious how much time people spend on that. I appreciate your opinion.

Spending a lot of time on charts following a trade is another something I believe is beneficial. By doing this, you may evaluate your trade, try to avoid making the same errors again, and create better plans for trading in the future.

The time traders put into charts varies by style. Personally, I shell out 15-30 minutes per chart, but efficiency picks up with experience. It’s key not to bite off more than you can chew and prioritize quality in analysis.

From scratch, it typically takes me a few mins per chart since I focus mostly on long term TF’s and know what I’m looking for. After the initial analysis is done I can scan through them several times per day pretty quickly while making the occasional tweak here and there.

It definitely helps when you know what you’re looking for.

A couple of minutes including drawing out zones. If the chart isn’t clear or there isn’t a qualified setup, I change time frames or move to another pair. Don’t try to make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

It all depends on the trading method and the experience of the trader. For example, I trade intraday and spend 5-6 hours on charts. But someone can conduct medium-term trading on higher time frames and here they will spend much less time on analysis and on transactions - here it will be important to make a good entry into the market and have discipline and endurance and then hold these transactions for a long time, allowing profits to grow.