How many indicators are you using at a time?

Unfortunately I use too many at the same time (well, mostly just the same indicator used multiple times).

It makes the chart ugly as hell, but it can deliver some incredibly high probably trades if you’re willing to spend the time hypothesizing where the next reversal will be

with EMA 10,25 I AM GOOD TO GO. I JUST AWAIT CROSSOVER AND DIVE AT THE BEST PRICE AFTER PULLBACK

What are you using, and are you using them all because of your system, or because of all of the cool colors?

What pairs are you trading, and what TFs do you normally trade? I imagine you’re waiting for long periods of time, sometimes, waiting

I am not an indicator lover; I use only EMA20 on my live trading chart (for all of the time frames)!

Using them because of my system

My favorite trading tool: Moving Average & fibo; because these tools show horizontal as well as dynamic support/resistant levels.

1 Like

EMA20 and that’s it? Impressive. So you trade mainly PA then?

Yes mate, my major is Price Action trading knowledge & experience.

2 Likes

In my case, I would like to trade with a fresh chart; it helps me a lot to understand the current scenario.

Great! Keep learning mate, always try to focus on the full chart instead of any specific pattern.

Price action to locate the trades, indicators to confirm. Learn to use trend lines and patterns.

1 Like

I use Trending Following and my indicators are RSI and MACD.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing. Can I ask what time frames you mainly trade?

I’ve been watching the daily for overall trend using EMAs (26, 50, 200) and just a long term view of price and direction. And often also using MAs to set S&R levels.

I haven’t spent much time with MACD. Any tips to share? Thanks!

Check this thread out on PA Only 21000 replies. Plenty to read. Lol.

2 Likes

So no indicators?

Mate, only Moving Average indicator because of dynamic support/resistant level! Thank you.

Great question and a query I’ve had for some time now. My personal view is that there is no set indicator to use or combine with thats 100% with positive trade results instead i would say its a personal preference, I read about most indicators on you tube clips and although they all make sense i trialled a single indicator and also trialled two or three indicators. At the end of it all I came to the conclusion that support and resistance is with a single line ruled for each is useful. I find it most important looking back in the past where the S and R stood previously. I look at 4 hour 1 hour then 5 minute charts, if i’m not sure Ill go back further to daily even weekly. Yes I agree it may look too colourful and confusing the eye . SO what I did was gradually add indicators of preference and either keep them all or reduce one or two
I have read on Ichimoku and I find it very helpful and resourceful for entering and exiting trades. Its quite amazing actually. The creator must of been some type of Einstein. My other favourite is Donchian Chanel that indicates resistance and support combined with MA and Sars indicators. MACD is great also but I find that the Donchian Chanel pretty much works similar to MACD. This is whats worked for me quite well and just a personal view. Interesting to hear further from you on how you found it. Good luck !!

3 Likes

Thanks for that thoughtful reply!

This has been my prefered process. Set very apparent trend lines starting at the Daily, but looking back throughout the year. Then add in some MAs, and play around with the different time frames, mainly H4, H1 and M30.

The few people I have come across Ichimoku have similar feedback. I’m very early in my education of it, but it definitely looks interesting. Any tips to share?

I’m not familiar with this. Perhaps they’re similar to Keltner Channels and Bollinger Bands, which get discussed more frequently. I will give it a look over and see if it works for me.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Many professional traders do not use indicators. For example, professional stock traders use “plain” chart with volume. Of course, they also have Time&Sales, which forex traders haven`t, but chart+volume, actually, enough for trading.
Most of the forex indicators are attempts of non-professional to find easy way, magic strategy to consistently win.

I can fully except this! “There’s an indicator for that!”

What about yourself? No indicators in your own trading?