How many indicators are you using at a time?

All you will see are horizontal lines placed on my charts.

1 Like

I’ve been reading your posts and I think your trading stye is interesting. :sweat_smile: I sure would love to see how you do it! :blush: Do you have any plans of creating a separate trading journal here? :smiley:

Hmm… that is an idea. Although, the way I trade my managed funds wouldn’t really be applicable to the average retail trader.

I do however trade for myself with smaller positions and I do have a strategy that managed to make me profitable and get my foot in the door 18+ years ago as a retail trader starting with a mere $300 account. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re probably right. :sweat_smile: Still would be pretty interesting to see how you do things. :blush: Maybe, it’s just an unexplored way but then you could enlighten us about how we could also become consistently profitable with that kind of style. :sweat_smile: Hahaha. Although, it sounds complicated. :sweat:

Moving average crossovers are the best! Use low periods like 4 - 10 on high time frames like H4 and Daily, add a bit of discipline and follow the price!!

Nice to know! No doubt, trend line is simple but much useful! I also use this tool in all of the time frames!

Interesting. Can you share more? Supply and demand zones? SR?

That’s exceptional! Many could benefit from some details about your system. C’mon, you know you want to!

Interesting. Do you team this up with anything else?

Nope, not even fundamentals. Seriously if you are not a market maker the news will confuse you a lot. Pick a currency or commodity with high volatility and trade with MA crossovers.

How news can help market makers to make money? By changing spreads in order to match supply-demand changes?

I don’t think only this type of strategy is enough; having a chart reading skill is very important if we wanna trade without news trading knowledge!

Hello

someone know this indicator for BO & forex

Trust me, less is more. My trading has improved over the past few weeks since I decided to ignore the news. Strictly technical analysis henceforth, I am tired of fake news.

1 Like

Nice to know! Which trading method is working for you; just go for it! Best wishes!

1 Like

Oh man, I get caught so often thinking I understand how the markets will react to a news event. Might as well flip a coin.

Keep it simple, S&R trend lines drawn on 4hr and day , direction on the 1hr and enter via the 15min with 2 ema 8 & 50. Learn to read the charts from a top down approach to see the bigger picture. If you only watch the moon you miss the stars

Happy trading

Langers

I’m using only 2 indicators, but they are rather complex: FlowTrader and CycleTrader from Clearstreamfx

Hi everyone!

Number of indicators depends on market situation. I mostly prefer to use more than 3 indicators to best analysis.

I used 3 indicators to enter the deal. Two main indicators and one as a signal confirmation. I am very tired of constant observations, confirmation that all the necessary indicators coincided. I just hired programmers to combine the three indicators into one. The signal detection process has become much more efficient.

It worths if you learnt trading to combile soe trading tricks. As for the indicators I will also say never stuck to anyone indcators, You have to find righ tmarket analysis for that you have to struggle, practice and see what suits you. FInally you will get 2 or more indicators that can guide you about market with their reading and setting. readings then it is easy for you to decide about trades.

For a trial period in '20 I am reducing my indicators to 1 EMA. I was only referring to 2 or 3 MA’s anyway, have not used any off-chart indicators for years. But that’s not to say they don’t work, its just that in trend-following they are not essential.

I may start a new thread to log progress with this. Its part parcel-trading and part strong/weak trading as described in @Dennis3450’s famous thread.

I intend to check the 20EMA slope on each of the 28 leading forex charts and log whether the slope is bullish or bearish for each currency. There are 7 charts per currency: noting the slope as bullish/bearish gives a total of 7-0 for a unanimously bullish set or 0-7 for a unanimously bearish set. The plan then will be on Monday morning UK time to buy the 7-0’s and sell the 0-7’s. Hold until Friday lunch-time (or some time Thursday if in the money and total net gain is accelerating).