How many indicators are you using at a time?

Ok cool, I’ll check that out, thanks.

5-10 year charts from the Metatrader 4 terminal (chart with 1 bar equals 1 month setting). Calculating ranges is an easy although they aren’t exact. Look at historical highs and lows of the greatest significance and compare similarities in price to create an approximate range. This will help you determine if the price is (relatively) too high or too low.

Good tip. Perspective changes everything.

First of all, ask yourself how often you’re sure of Your upcoming deals? When you use proven strategies on an ongoing basis and this is not your first day in the market, it is very likely the answer will be positive.

why you should not trust the signal indicator? The fact that the trader was trying to increase the probability/chance of satisfactory results, so he waited for the signal to two parallel algorithms. Here’s an example ablaze about working with opportunities.

I use differnet indicators at different charts. I usually believe that you can never rely on a single or a couple of indicators. You have to go with at least 4 indictors before making a decision. If three indictors are favoring you then you can make a decision. What do you think?

What are you using and when do you change what you use?

What you’ve got to know is that the market was set up to take people’s money; to make people lose.
Making it easily available was as well intentioned as pulverising the four WTC buildings.
The guys who run the market employ agents to take the retailers’ stops, sending them back into job and debt slavery.
The brokers, all of whom were bucket shops to begin with, told you they were helping you by giving you so many indicators to help you decide when to push the button. That should’ve been enough proof that indicators are to be avoided.
Indicators exist to take your eye off what’s really happening in the market. The institutional traders who move price, have been doing it in the same ways since the beginning of the charts, but indicatorists have covered their charts in nonsense noise, so are unable to see what’s right there in front of them.
What’s really important in the market is engulfs of flag limits into new price action zones, which move in extremely predictable ways.
If you clean all the rubbish off your charts, you may just see what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use Ichimoku for several years. I listened to the pro courses on the use of this indicator at my broker. A teacher, a practicing trader, explained in detail how to use it.

Personally I check from 2 to 6, but at the same time you need to keep it simple and not to overload it as it can be not only facilitator, but also enabler. Your daily chart is also a value of details. So if you look at bigger number of indicators you can miss something really important.

I’ve been reading more on Ichimoku. Haven’t yet applied it to my trading.

Which ones make up your list?

I use no indicators. Not even price action or support resistance lines. I don’t use trendy lines but will keep an eye where the obvious ones are. I do look at the atr for each pair. This is critical. For trading supply and demand I need volatility.

I have never used ATR. Can you explain how it fits into your analysis?

tx,
KC

Ok so there is something that people don’t take into consideration and with good reason. In my opinion this is one of the reasons why trading is more difficult than it should be. Have you ever watched two currency indexes and seen how the pair moves based on each individually?
The USD has more weight. More influence. Some currencies have higher weight than others. So even when there might be a huge rally in CHF, how much exactly does it move price on each currency pair chart… Perhaps very little perhaps alot. The same applies to every currency. This is why some pairs are more volatile than others.

So I think if you look at the CSM you might see why it’s not so great. Even if a currency is weakest. If that currency rally has little weight behind it ,just how much of a rally in each pair will you get? So the CSM would only be good in an ideal world where each currency has equal weight so the strongest and weakest really were the best to trade. But it’s not so…

So bottom line is. Add the atr indicator the chart and out of the main 28 pairs try to only trade the top most volatile. The moves will have more pips enabling a better R:R

One thing that I think would help on the CSM is to make the USD the common dominator so the other currencies are displayed in ratio to the dollar. But even then the remaining currencies still have different weights between them. I also have not quite figured it all out. Not as easy as people want to think.

Hope that makes sense.

Anna Couling calls this the currency matrix. Suggests using it with any currency you’re looking to trade.

looking to trade US dollar … pull up all the US dollar pairs and compare direction.

looking to trade the GBP … pull up all GBP pairs on charts compare directions.

This is one of the things I know I should do but don’t. I have to make it part of my trading process

KC

Keep it simple. 3 indicators is enough I think. More than 3 is getting stressful and disorientating.

I just tend to go off resistance lines that i’ve Put in, used to use fib but not much anymore :stuck_out_tongue: think people over complicate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your style!

1 Like

Do you have a set 3 or does it change depending on the trade?