How many indicators are you using at a time?

I mostly use support and resistance lines, RSI and trend lines. Confirm the trend or breakout with trend lines, confirm the entry and exit with RSI.

That strategy made me huge profits.

2 Likes

I’m not against indicators, but I think the fewer the better. In fact, I love my charts clean and I don’t trust every indicator that comes my way. Professionals use support and resistance, and trendlines. Indicators are for those who want shortcuts, and there is no magic in forex

2 Likes

I sometimes use indicators, but I don not solely rely on them for the analysis of the market. They show what happened in the past and can be very misleading at their worst. I’d rather stick to other ways of understanding the market like support and resistance

I use indicators in my trading, though I prefer sticking to one or two at a time to avoid confusion. They help me know how the market is moving and spares me the agony of trying to understand too much at ago. If you find the best indicator, you can make a lot of profit

1 Like

I believe that indicators come with two major problems. Those whose egos are too big do not want to be helped in understanding the market and hence they lose, while these who are too greedy or less confident want to use as many indicators as possible and end up losing everything in confusion. If your broker provides you a reliable indicator, you can earn a lot from that. But some brokers will intentionally give you a false indicator so that you fail if they stand to gain from your failure

I agree. I think a lot of newbies get trapped by what they think an indicator is telling them.

How do you decide an indicator is reliable, or not reliable le for that matter?

Back to reading about Ichimoku. I lost my interest after getting sucked in another direction. Back to drawing board and still just using MA, RSI, S&R.

How about you?

1 Like

More than I thought.

XLV4 color MA on chart
nsndhistory on chart
ADX below
Bill Williams Accelerator Ocillator below

Will box out some S/D, S/R areas and will confirm with a quick look using the shved supply and demand on chart

1 Like

Hmm, several I haven’t heard of. Time to research. Cool, thanks!

Do you have particular sites you’re going to for your Ichimoku research? :slight_smile:

Haven’t found a go-to education site, mainly just YouTube stuff. Thinking about maybe paying for a course.

Hmmm. :thinking: Do you have any particular courses you’re checking out right now? :slight_smile:

ooh which one in particular?

2-3 at most. Only need a trend indicator, mostly to remind me of the trend situation, and an oscillator such as Stochastic.

1 Like

Thinking only, at this point. Nothing discovered that’s very interesting.

What’s the 3rd? Thanks for sharing!

Lots of members here seem to recommend that no nonsense forex. Have you heard of that site? @mtb_rex

Nope, but I’ll check it out, thanks.

I thought I found a “complete guide” but it was a single web page with a few examples. Not what I would consider complete.

Dailyfx had something short on the topic too. Well written, but from 5+ years ago.

You mind sharing the link? Sounds like a good one-pager, cheat-sheet at least.

No Fibs or Bollingers. Use TSI as flag, 2x EMA to confirm. Combination of ATR and S R for exit although also use ADX as additional guide to get out or stay in.

Yes , it’s interesting but like all sites it’s the view of one person- what they say seems to work for them but it’s important to learn and is your own thing.
Many good indicators are rubbished on the site which is a matter of opinion.